Interesting discussion on BT Youview

Ah! Was thinking that sub-thread posts were quotes. I still cannot get over how awful that forum software is.

It is, isn't it? It makes this forum look slick and clear.

Interesting experience when I phoned BT to say I no longer wanted their BT TV service. First they offered a generous reduction on BT Infinity, but still charging a (slightly) reduced rate for the TV service. I phoned again, and said I didn't want the TV service, and this time I was offered it for free for a year, including the extra channels. I don't even use their box any more. I am unlikely to watch their extra channels. I noticed one was called History but consisted of reality programs as far as I could see.

So, it is indeed difficult to leave BT TV! I could ring again but am lacking the motivation. I must note in my diary when I next need to renew as they will no doubt try to start charging me from then on.

We're avid fans of Moto gp but not BT. We were choked when Dorna gave the exclusive transmission rights to BT after stating in the past it would always be free to air.
On that principle alone I wouldn't offer BT any of my cash. But if it was free?.........mmm

I went for it as it seemed to be a Perfect Storm of : The dreaded Sky taking over my O2 broadband account; BT Infinity becoming available; MotoGP moving to BT. As a bonus, by signing up for BT TV I also got access to recordable Eurosport so no longer needed to subscribe to their online player to get my BSB / WSB fix and which reduced the marginal increase in cost. Now if only BT Sport online had a similar three hour timeslip buffer which would be useful for following the practise sessions when not at home.

Back