Interesting Items...

Is that Yes and No as in "Fake news"? If so, that seems to read the wrong way around (but I'm not clear where Watson & Crick come into it).

As far as Silvera & Dias are concerned, spoiler alert: don't hold your breath!

There was a big splash in the electronics trade mags in the early 80's, about somebody who had come up with some kind of miraculous lossless compression scheme that would provide huge amounts of storage on moderately sized storage devices. Needless to say we never heard any more of it. The conspiracy theorists would claim this kind of thing gets buried by the big corporations (a guy down my garage genuinely believes you can make a car run on water), but personally I don't believe in miracles unless you show it me to my face (and even then I would remain sceptical)!

I am totally lost, too. What has it to do with light shock waves? That is what happens when people reply but don't link to the original message.

Is it possible on this forum to link without quoting?

Seems like a missed opportunity by not providing context as well as source. Could just as well do @Mike0001.

Seems like a missed opportunity by not providing context as well as source. Could just as well do @Mike0001.
So what post would that be replying to? The link to the post would give context, without repeating everything. Sometimes the latter would be the better solution, but not always, and with a prolific poster like you, @BlackHole would be useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike0001
Hang on a cotton pickin' minit, it was you who wanted to form a link to a post without quoting it.
So? I do. But how do I do it? How do I reply to you, indicate which post I am replying to, and do it without quoting all your verbiage? :whistling:

So? I do. But how do I do it? How do I reply to you, indicate which post I am replying to, and do it without quoting all your verbiage? :whistling:
Quote and delete the part(s) that aren't relevant to your reply, or for a long quote which is all relevant I delete all the middle leaving a few words of the start and end on separate lines and add an ellipsis on a blank line between them.

Back