iPlayer "Last Played" List

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Here's a quickie: how come my HD-FOX populates the iPlayer "Last Played" list, but my HDR-FOX doesn't? Firmware? The HDR-FOX is on 1.02.20, HD-FOX is 1.02.29 (although I'm sure I noticed this some time ago).

'Last played' has never populated on my HDR-FOX. I'm on 1.02.29 at present.
I often use my Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray player and this does populate.

My wife watched "The Paradise" yesterday on iPlayer using the HDR (1.02.28). Just checked and the programme is in the "Last Played" list.

Not tried iPlayer on my HD.

Martin

'Last played' has never populated on my HDR-FOX. I'm on 1.02.29 at present.
I often use my Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray player and this does populate.

Apologies BH, strike my comment for being useless. I do recall previously finding 'last played' not populating and have used the Sony for speed and better navigation for quite some time now, but I thought I'd check this morning and find that after watching 'Click' on the HDR-FOX, it has appeared in 'last played.'
So it appears I was somewhat hasty in replying.

Maybe... but is it still there if you go back to iPlayer after some time? My HD keeps a long history, my HDR does not.

I am unclear where the list comes from - whether it is stored locally or at the Humax servers. If it is stored locally the HD (with little or no internal storage) seems the least likely to be able to do it. If it is stored at the servers, individual machines are presumably identified by MAC address (or some other unique code), and the fact my HDR doesn't play ball might indicate some kind of glitch for that particular MAC - or it might indicate the database is unable to cope with more than one device per IP address (that hypothesis doesn't seem very likely, the IP address may not be constant).

I have a copy of Mrs Brown's Boys from the 20/06/2012 still there and able to save. :) (HDRmode)

My HD has emptied its "Last Played" list as well. Also the iPlayer then failed to respond to the back button and navigation keys so I had to exit the Portal.

After I re-entered the Portal I watched a bit of a programme on the iPlayer then checked the "Last Played" list and the programme was there and the buttons all worked.

Re post #11, I forgot to keep a check on 'Click', but it has gone from last played. I did use iPlayer around Nov 29th and they are not there either so I am guessing that 14 days is about the rule. (Although post #12 is noted )

I am a little confused about the " Last Played" list. Are we talking about the same thing?
My observations are that I still have the programme from iPlayer stored in the buffer. In HDR Mode I can still save that recording, after giving it a file name. It appears in /video with that file name.mp4 and plays back normally.

We're not talking about the buffer, there is no reason the buffer would flush until the next iPlayer/YouTube stream.

The "Last Played" list appears on the iPlayer portal app between the "Highlights" and "Just In" buttons, and on my HDR-FOX never shows anything but on my HD-FOX contains everything I have called up from iPlayer for a considerable time (my list goes back to 8 September, despite the latest changes to the system - I suspect it is limited by the number of entries rather than time).

OK, understood. I have had a look, in Normal mode, and it is showing Click from 10th Mar 2012. Nothing else.
I normally use my FoxsatHD to watch iplayers.

I hypothesised some time back that it might be the Humax server not being set up to handle more than one device per IP address (or whatever). Does anyone with two or more HD/HDR-FOXs have a populated Just Played list on both devices?

Back