Is "Sweeper" (or an equivalent) available for the FoxSat-HDR?

GraceCourt

I was pleasantly surprised to find this site as my trusty FoxSat-HDR is happily still running with Raydon's custom firmware (version 4.1.3) so many of the Humax bugs don't affect me. But I still get a bit frustrated at some legacy shortcomings, and I've learned to get round some of them via an SSH connection into the box and patiently moving stuff around on the internal hard drive.

However, the sort order used on stored media is nevertheless a PITA and I've finally started looking for workarounds, particularly how to edit Humax .hmt files to cause the sort order to meet my desire for files recorded over period of time (e.g. one of my folders contains a series that's transmitted in cycles and although I've now got all the episodes, they're listed in order of recording date, which I was going to edit as necessary). Imagine my delight at finding a software tool for recording management called "Sweeper" that does exactly what I need... but installation isn't clear and I am wondering if there's a "Sweeper" plug-in for Web Interface (I have version 2.91 at the moment)?

I'm afraid Sweeper doesn't exist for the Foxsat.

Are you sure the sort order is based on timestamps within the hmt file and not simply the recording file modified (or other) timestamp? Have you tried changing the file timestamps using "touch" to see if that alters things? (Genuine question - it's not something I've ever looked into).

If indeed the sort order is based on timestamps within the hmt, and, if you're technically minded and up for a challenge, then happy to provide some pointers as to the layout of the hmt file so that you can create something to modify the relevant timestamps within.

Imagine my delight at finding a software tool for recording management called "Sweeper" that does exactly what I need...
Please don't confuse custom firmware and software packages available for HDR-FOX with those available for FOXSAT-HDR – these are different machines with different capabilities and different software environments. The wiki on this forum is specifically for the HDR-FOX, not the FOXSAT. Only discussion in this section of the forum is relevant to the FOXSAT, and the official support for FOXSAT CF is on AVForums (but in one long multi-part thread so not very useful).

That said, there has been a considerable amount of cross-fertilisation: exchange of ideas and conversion of code. It all started on the FOXSAT (raydon), then af123 picked up the baton for the HDR-FOX and forged ahead (it all depends on the enthusiasm of somebody with appropriate skills). raydon dropped off the scene several years ago so the remaining enthusiasts are somewhat hampered in what they can achieve, and in any case the FOXSAT has older and less capable hardware than the HDR-FOX.

raydon dropped off the scene several years ago so the remaining enthusiasts are somewhat hampered in what they can achieve, and in any case the FOXSAT has older and less capable hardware than the HDR-FOX.
Does anyone know what happened to raydon?

Are you sure the sort order is based on timestamps within the hmt file and not simply the recording file modified (or other) timestamp? Have you tried changing the file timestamps using "touch" to see if that alters things? (Genuine question - it's not something I've ever looked into).
Thanks for the prompt reply... I've experimented with the different filesystem timestamps and none of them seem to affect the display sort order, but it hasn't been a scientific process.

Discovering that there's an internal database of recordings was what suggested that file timestamps aren't used: certainly, having changed the titles of some of the recordings using the user interface (which of course also changes the file names) and finding that each recording was thereby at the same time automatically moved by the firmware out of its "series recording" folder when the recording title was amended also suggested that something other than the file timestamps was being used for the sort order.

Just for the benefit of anyone following the thread, using the underlying Linux to move the recordings back into the series recording folder didn't cause any problems (and removes any need for the use of "fixfilepaths" to update the associated .hmt file) and each re-titled recording appeared back in the user interface display at the same ranking where it was before the title was amended - also suggesting that file time stamps aren't being used.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prompt reply... I've experimented with the different filesystem timestamps and none of them seem to affect the display sort order, but it hasn't been a scientific process.
Maybe try it again (this works for the Humax HDR Fox T2, so may work for yours).
Have the Humax show media files in date time order.
Use telnet to touch 'ep1 (for .mp4) files' then same for ep2 files, ep3 files etc in order.
Refresh the Foxsat media list eg by listing another directory/folder before selecting the original one again.

Edit 1: ignore me, this only works for mp4 files.
Edit 2: for the hmt (paired ts) files, I use hmt_touch.sh "<date time>" filename.hmt see https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/changing-a-recordings-date-and-time-settings.9577/

Last edited:
Back