1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this Normal?

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Scuttlebroom, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom Member

Hi Guys

I set a reminder today for a programme and switched the box off, as usual it switched itself on at the start of the programme, but for some reason I can't work out, it switched itself off just as the programme ended, as I haven't seen this happen before, I am not sure if this is just a glitch or will happen again?

Anyone else had anything similar happen?

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Could I ask what you expected to happen?, It turned on from standby for the duration of the program and then went back into standby, That sounds normal

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

This is correct - the reminder is an on-off event, and the programme must have run on slightly beyond its scheduled end.

(posted simultaneously - OK so I type slowly)

4. Ezra Pound

Only 20 Mins. later

5. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Isn't switching back into standby cancelled if the remote is used for the HDR during the reminder?

6. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom Member

Just that it has ever done this before, when it is scheduled to switch to BBC1 at 6pm and it comes on at 6pm and then stays on afterwards, so I assumed it was something amiss.

7. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

I have a 20 minute reminder set in the early morning to do the EPG update - I never find it still on afterwards, unless it was left on previously.

8. Scuttlebroom

Scuttlebroom Member

hmm, no idea why it hasn't done this before, hence why I queried it. As it hadn't happened before. My box is usually in standby before 6pm and as such simply comes on at 6pm (something I programme the box to do each day which I set from the RS Scheduler each week {shame I can't set it for every weekday!}, and it stays on until I either turn it off when I go to bed, or it turns itself off at 11pm, as per the time settings I have set.

9. Ezra Pound

I think there is a difference between turning on due to a reminder and turn on due to a 'power on time', The first is linked to a specific program with a start and a stop time, the second is just turn on, Until turned off by something else

I can't say for definate but I think it still turns off
    EDIT
    It looks like Luke is correct, Any key presses on the Remote will inhibit turn off