Is this Normal?

Hi Guys

I set a reminder today for a programme and switched the box off, as usual it switched itself on at the start of the programme, but for some reason I can't work out, it switched itself off just as the programme ended, as I haven't seen this happen before, I am not sure if this is just a glitch or will happen again?

Anyone else had anything similar happen?

Could I ask what you expected to happen?, It turned on from standby for the duration of the program and then went back into standby, That sounds normal

This is correct - the reminder is an on-off event, and the programme must have run on slightly beyond its scheduled end.

(posted simultaneously - OK so I type slowly)

Could I ask what you expected to happen?, It turned on from standby for the duration of the program and then went back into standby, That sounds normal
Isn't switching back into standby cancelled if the remote is used for the HDR during the reminder?

Just that it has ever done this before, when it is scheduled to switch to BBC1 at 6pm and it comes on at 6pm and then stays on afterwards, so I assumed it was something amiss.

I have a 20 minute reminder set in the early morning to do the EPG update - I never find it still on afterwards, unless it was left on previously.

hmm, no idea why it hasn't done this before, hence why I queried it. As it hadn't happened before. My box is usually in standby before 6pm and as such simply comes on at 6pm (something I programme the box to do each day which I set from the RS Scheduler each week {shame I can't set it for every weekday!}, and it stays on until I either turn it off when I go to bed, or it turns itself off at 11pm, as per the time settings I have set.

Scuttlebroom:- why it hasn't done this before

I think there is a difference between turning on due to a reminder and turn on due to a 'power on time', The first is linked to a specific program with a start and a stop time, the second is just turn on, Until turned off by something else

Luke :- Isn't switching back into standby cancelled if the remote is used for the HDR during the reminder
I can't say for definate but I think it still turns off
EDIT
It looks like Luke is correct, Any key presses on the Remote will inhibit turn off

Back