Items stuck in "pending actions" when making schedule changes in webif

Every change I make to the Schedule (both adds and deletes) using the webif seems to get stuck in the Pending Actions queue. Sometimes the "reboot required" icon comes up, but doing a reboot doesn't seem to do anything. If I try to schedule a recording from the webif EPG, I get this message:
Scheduling: /mod/boot/rsvsync: '/mod/lib/' is not an ELF file /mod/boot/rsvsync: '/lib/' is not an ELF file /mod/boot/rsvsync: '/lib/' is not an ELF file /mod/boot/rsvsync: '/lib/' is not an ELF file /mod/boot/rsvsync: '/usr/lib/' is not an ELF file /mod/boot/rsvsync: can't load library '' Successfully scheduled Have I Got a Bit More News for You

Please note that all this only happens when using the webif. If I make changes using the on-screen EPG and the remote control, it seems to work fine.

Could anyone suggest what's wrong and what I can do about it?

Thank you

Something has gone wrong in the rsvsync package so I would suggest a force reinstall of the rsvsysnc package using the diag menu and then rebooting and seeing if it works then.

Thank you for this reply. Would you mind explaining or pointing me to instructions for the forced reinstall you've suggested? Many thanks.
UPDATE: don't worry, I think I worked it out. I typed rsvsync into the box and clicked Force re-install, then reboted. Stupidly, I didn't check the Pending Actions queue before I did that, but it's empty now. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Yes, good point! I have done as you suggest and I have been able to schedule recordings from webif and rs and also to delete theme from the schedule without error messages and without anything appearing in the pending actions queue. Thanks again.
Is this something I should worry about, or just something that happens?

Is this something I should worry about
No
or just something that happens?
Yes

Everything is pretty robust, but it is a complex mechanism and sometimes a glitch occurs which kills something for reasons practically impossible to trace. Sometimes an update has unintended consequences. It is rare, but not unusual, that something somewhere needs fixing, and often the means of fixing it (if there is no expert advice available) is to reinstall the WebIF etc via an RMA: Reinstate Corrupt CF via RMA Mode (click)

rsvsync is one of the packages that is partly installed in flash storage and that can be disabled (deleted) if the machine has two consecutive crashes shortly after startup, as identified in a notorious pink pop-up that appears over your WebIf page.

You should probably run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic in case other packages may be affected. But don't do that if you're using the beta repository (you probably don't) and you use the ir package (you probably do), as it'll break.

Back