itv player on freesat

Hi guys I just got a Edimax EW-7228APn can you please explain how I now get it working I have tried connecting it to the Humax went into networking and DCCP but nothing happened ..Thanks in advance

Hi, check that your Edimax is working first, you should be able to connect to it using the IP address 192.168.2.1, or something similar from your PC, All the default settings should work. Once you are sure it's working just go to the network menu on the Humax, set to DHCP and it should configure it's own network settings, on mine the IP address, DNS etc just appeared.

Hi, check that your Edimax is working first, you should be able to connect to it using the IP address 192.168.2.1, or something similar from your PC, All the default settings should work.
I think the OP wants to use the Edimax to connect from the Humax to a wireless network and I don't think the default settings will work in that circumstance. I suggest that you temporarily disconnect your PC from your network and connect it with a network cable to the Edimax. Open a web browser and input 192.168.2.1 in the address bar. This should bring up a prompt for user anem and password. the user name is admin and the password 1234. You then want to set the Edimax to "Station Infrastructure" mode following the instructions in section2-4-2 of the full user manual.

Hi again Martin I did what you suggested but its still not connecting to my router???? any ideas please..It does find the router in the settings and claims to be ok but when I try explorer it says no connection ..and in my router settings its not showing up..

Hi again Martin I did what you suggested but its still not connecting to my router???? any ideas please..It does find the router in the settings and claims to be ok but when I try explorer it says no connection ..and in my router settings its not showing up..
Can you explain exactly what you have done? It is very difficult to diagnose these things remotely without knowing exactly what works and what doesn't.

I connected the edimax up to my computer with an ethernet cable went into network and gave the edimax a Ip number in the range of my router.. I then went into the settings of the edimax set it to station infrastructure it located several routers in my local including mine I clicked on it and it went into setting it up etc . The only thing I am unsure about is that my routers protected by WEP and on other computers Ie Laptop/main comp I had to enter the password.... which I noticed hasn't happened on the edimax anyways it finished the set up ..but when I tried to connect to the internet it says no connection.. My router isn't showing it either .....Hope thats clearer and thanks for your trouble ..I set it up on the instructions 2-4-2

Hi guys I have sorted my problems out by phoning Edimax this morning and after 35 mins of stress LOL the guy sorted things out and everythings working OK most of the problem was with my router settings etc ....... I have a netgear router wep enabled ... I should have had a Bt hub he said it connects up ok on that.... Anyways thanks for the help and interest you guys gave ...

I connected the edimax up to my computer with an ethernet cable went into network and gave the edimax a Ip number in the range of my router.. I then went into the settings of the edimax set it to station infrastructure it located several routers in my local including mine I clicked on it and it went into setting it up etc . The only thing I am unsure about is that my routers protected by WEP and on other computers Ie Laptop/main comp I had to enter the password.... which I noticed hasn't happened on the edimax anyways it finished the set up ..but when I tried to connect to the internet it says no connection.. My router isn't showing it either .....Hope thats clearer and thanks for your trouble ..I set it up on the instructions 2-4-2
I think there is an additional step needed. Try going to the Security in the Main menu of the Edimax and see if you can input the WEP password there.

Hi
I have been using a free-view box with a wifi donegal with no problem and have now connected my freesat box but this will not find my wifi hub i am using a EDIMAX ew-77111uMn is this not compatible with freesat
Thanks

Hi
I have been using a free-view box with a wifi donegal with no problem and have now connected my freesat box but this will not find my wifi hub i am using a EDIMAX ew-77111uMn is this not compatible with freesat
I don't think there is a compatible dongle for the FOXSAT. You could use a wireless bridge.

Back