Jungle Book

MontysEvilTwin

I recorded the Jungle Book on two different HDR-FOX units, one on Channel 4, another on Channel 4 HD. Both stopped recording a few minutes before the end: I think it must be down to Channel 4 messing up the AR signals. Anyone else have the same problem?

I've had this kind of problem with channel 4 in the past. Most recently on "Humans". I think it's a common problem on that channel. I don't record much off channel 4 so the fact that I have had several occurrences, on a the few times that I have recorded, probably says it all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recorded the Jungle Book on two different HDR-FOX units, one on Channel 4, another on Channel 4 HD. Both stopped recording a few minutes before the end: I think it must be down to Channel 4 messing up the AR signals. Anyone else have the same problem?

Yes ....Recorded in HD and the end was missing.....To***rs. I've now deleted it so as not to disappoint my 4 year old granddaughter.
Crystal Palace transmitter.

I can tell that both of my units switched on 18 minutes before the start of the recording (wait for AR signal) and that the recordings started within a few seconds of the default time listed in the guide. They also finished bang on time too. Unfortunately though, the actual programme started four minutes late and as there was no slack at the end of the slot, the recordings were truncated. Is it most likely that there was no AR signal transmitted so the units defaulted to the guide time?

My recording of this on Freesat stopped short bang on 8pm too but I was blaming that on the fact I had two recordings running and a third due to start bang on 8pm. Was chase-playing it though and got to the premature end in time to manually record the end on CH4+1.

I can tell that both of my units switched on 18 minutes before the start of the recording (wait for AR signal) and that the recordings started within a few seconds of the default time listed in the guide. They also finished bang on time too. Unfortunately though, the actual programme started four minutes late and as there was no slack at the end of the slot, the recordings were truncated. Is it most likely that there was no AR signal transmitted so the units defaulted to the guide time?
If there's no AR, an AR recording fails (HDR-FOX) - it does not fall back to the guide time.

If there's no AR, an AR recording fails (HDR-FOX) - it does not fall back to the guide time.
I did a bit of reading earlier, it looks like the EPG programme change followed the default guide time so the recording started exactly as scheduled, but the actual programmme was running late. It is irritating that Channel 4 could not get this right.

It is irritating that Channel 4 could not get this right.
Two things may have gone wrong here. The obvious one is that some how the dynamic AR time change did not get through to the p/f EIT to successfully override the default that was in the p/f EIT.
But before that something else may well be lacking. When the big channels put together their schedule they would have a running schedule. This is different to the TV guide which uses the billed schedule, where times are usually rounded up or down to the nearest whole 5 minutes. Rather than just rely on AR, the AR channels would ideally be supplying the default values for the p/f eit FROM the running schedule and not the billed schedule. I've never noticed that this has happened although D-Book 7 Part A version 1 does describe supplying the running schedule instead of the billed schedule where one is available.

BTW I'm referring to version1 of D-Book 7 version 1 because that is the most recent version I've seen. For those with access to a copy it's section 8.10.1.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Back