Keep only a few episodes of a regularly recorded/airing show?

zekepliskin

Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a while but have always found this place to be an invaluable, excellent resource.

Anyway, my old TiVo years ago had a feature where you could choose to only keep up to a set maximum of recorded episodes in order to save space and not have hundreds of episodes of a show you only watch now and then building up.

I want to set a few quiz shows up to record the newest but only keep 1 or 2 episodes, for example Pointless, and have new episodes replace older ones regardless of whether or not they were watched. How might I do this please? Chances are I already have the right packages for this, but if not... ;-)

Accessible via OPT+ for the folder on the web-if.

Hi all,

Haven't posted here in a while but have always found this place to be an invaluable, excellent resource.

Anyway, my old TiVo years ago had a feature where you could choose to only keep up to a set maximum of recorded episodes in order to save space and not have hundreds of episodes of a show you only watch now and then building up.

I want to set a few quiz shows up to record the newest but only keep 1 or 2 episodes, for example Pointless, and have new episodes replace older ones regardless of whether or not they were watched. How might I do this please? Chances are I already have the right packages for this, but if not... ;-)
You can do it in a couple of ways:
Webif Auto Expiry option
1568733746666.png
or with the Sweeper package if you want more complex rules
1568733944401.png
I am about to set up auto-expire to keep 'The Chase' under control, thanks for prompting me

This is super useful, can I just make sure I've Set this up correctly?

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 21.40.24.png

This should title the recording as I want.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 21.39.58.png

And then the Sweeper rule to delete it when it's nearly a day old, ready for the next one. I'm sure it'll just be more blundering Boris type news but I do like to stay in the loop about how this lunkheaded lunatic is buggering up Brexit :-D

This should title the recording as I want.
Yes, but you have used a timer recording rather a series recording so could miss the news when at weekends and on special events if it isn't at six.
I think most users use series recordings and use sweeper rules to rename recordings after they have recorded if needed
This is super useful, can I just make sure I've Set this up correctly?
Yes, but there is no point in setting recursion depth to 3. Humax only records series into level 1, you only need more if you have other sweeper rules that move recordings into subdirectories
I'm sure it'll just be more blundering Boris type news but I do like to stay in the loop about how this lunkheaded lunatic is buggering up Brexit
Madam Mym refuses to watch the National News these days - too depressing with Donald & Boris, so I record to watch on the laptop (at double speed with VLC)

Last edited:
too depressing with Donald & Boris, so I record to watch on the laptop (at double speed with VLC)
But does Johnson at double speed look anything like the talk given by Gordon Brown that was speeded up and backed by the Benny Hill chase music?

Back