Laggy EPG with version 1.03.xx

What is the EPG lag difference (i.e. the scroll right time difference) on 1.03.xx with the aerial plugged in and the aerial plugged out? Also is there any difference with the network (WiFi or Ethernet) turned on or turned off?

With 1.02.32 I scrolled right on lcn 71 (aerial in) and it took 3.58 minutes. Unpluging the aerial I scrolled right in 3.20 minutes.

It's great new Humax are working on a fix for this - so I may install 1.03.xx yet! In the meantime, I'm in the 1.02.32 club.

Just don't hold your breath for too long. Remember how long it took with bug fixes on the 9200? The Foxsat HDR has also had bugs for years that never got fixed.

I'm sure those moaning about it have discovered what the row of black buttons do above the red to blue buttons on the remote. First two on left paging rather than moving one programme at a time, two right buttons paging a day at a time.... Just thought I would mention it.

Quite. Its probably like the difference between people who put the handbrake on using the button and those that make the dreadful noise.... Since nobody told them or they can't...

Ha, well said.

I remember when I was leaning to drive, my instructor told me the very same thing. 32 years later, I still press the handbrake button in when I apply the handbrake.

Ha, well said.

I remember when I was leaning to drive, my instructor told me the very same thing. 32 years later, I still press the handbrake button in when I apply the handbrake.
I've seen car drivers leaning when cornering. :D

It took me years to perfect, but I can now blink and drive at the same time.

Getting a little OT ...

I still press the handbrake button in when I apply the handbrake.
Anything else is cruelty to dumb machinery!
(I am fully aware of the skip buttons but still find the 1.03 EPG horribly slow)

@af123 - if you were a "power user" like tell and wallace you wouldn't notice this problem. Us average users just need to read the manual ;-)

Like you I'm surprised the laggy epg didn't get picked up in the beta test. My guess would be that it was indeed flagged but humax underestimated the discomfort it would cause those that are used to the old epg - which is remarkably fast considering the hardware.

I'll agree that the speed of the new epg isn't a massive problem - but it is something I dislike and thankfully I have the choice not to have to deal with it.

I really hope that either humax or the community here can fix this issue so I follow this thread with interest - I'm not particularly enjoying posts implying that if I have an issue with the slow epg then I must be too stupid to use a tv remote (or drive a car).

Posted on the move

Quite. Its probably like the difference between people who put the handbrake on using the button and those that make the dreadful noise.... Since nobody told them or they can't...
One of my cars had a fly-off handbrake - so you definitely didn't hold the button in as you applied the handbrake.
At one point a helpful 'friend' attempted to move the car in my absence (open top, so no door lock to protect it), and nearly caused an accident.

Back