Late Update (missed!)

Javert

Late last week I checked my Humax FOXSAT-HDR to see if it had all the latest up-dates - which I only do occasionally! I discovered that my machine has Loader version U7.52 - so have downloaded the latest version and the loader upgrade. I have transferred these to a USB stick.
When the USB is connected, a message to that effect appears on screen. However, nothing else happens. Please can anyone advise me how to transfer the data from the USB to the Humax. As you may have gathered I am a non-technical person! Any (simple) advice you can offer would be gratefully received.

You can only have one at a time on the usb stick because they both have to have the same name. You can update in any order. Copy one of the files to the usb stick and rename it (if required) to FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.

Put it in the front usb port of the hdr with it in sby, press and hold the front boot button until you see the upgrading message. When complete turn off the hdr with the power switch (rear lhs from front) and remove the usb stick. Power on the hdr.

Delete the existing .hdf file and repeat using the other file.

You can only have one at a time on the usb stick because they both have to have the same name. You can update in any order. Copy one of the files to the usb stick and rename it (if required) to FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.

Put it in the front usb port of the hdr with it in sby, press and hold the front boot button until you see the upgrading message. When complete turn off the hdr with the power switch (rear lhs from front) and remove the usb stick. Power on the hdr.

Delete the existing .hdf file and repeat using the other file.

Surprised you don't already have the latest firmware though unless you turn off the box at the mains overnight.

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions - will print it out and follow it very carefully! I will report back later this evening - that it all went well!
My Hummy is definitely on 24/7 (standby / uasage). I have rechecked the details and the loader versions is as quoted, it also gives the software version as HPRSEFCI 1.0015, and the Update date as 08.12.10.

Version 1.00.15 is the latest firmware. (The date is the date the file was written not the OTA update date). Unless you use a motorised dish or use diseqc to access different satellites you don't need to upgrade the loader

The loader is not updated OTA. And you already have the latest firmware installed.

Back