LGB-17DDTV

You might want to look at the title of the thread: "LGB-17DDTV"
That is probably a misprint, and is more likely to be an LGB-17DTTV.

This 12v regulated supply mentions the LGB-17DTTV in the list of supported TV sets.

Last edited:
@briansterbrook
Barry, did you resolve the issue, and if so, how? I have just acquired the same tv and want to use it in my camper van but the set did not come with a lead so I have to purchase one or just shove some wires into the 4 ping plug and connect to the battery to see what happens? Brian
Thanks to Brian's post it seems likely the DC input to the LGB-17DTTV requires a stabilised 12V supply, and is not protected against the voltage spikes typically present in an automotive electrical system. The unit referenced is only £14, so buy it.

This 12v regulated supply mentions the LGB-17DTTV in the list of supported TV sets.

I have an ancient 17 inch portable that still works well. I've just purchased a Motorhome which has 240v plug points for when hooked up to the mains when on site. When not on site power is through cigar lighter type points and 12v. The TV is 12v and has a transformer inline on the power lead. Can you get a direct lead anywhere without the transformer with a cigar lighter plug one end and the four pronged plug into the TV on the other? I've tried humax directly and they said they don't have spares for the Tv's any more. Cheers Barry
Brian's post answers @Barry Jarvis's problem as well. If he hadn't put a typo in the thread title he might have got an answer at the time!

Last edited:
Could you tell us what the make and model of TV is please? You certainly wouldn't want to just connect 12V to an arbitrary pair of pins to see if it work.
I established the polarity from an ebay lead ( I'm not allowed to post the link on here) and put the wires into the socket to see if it worked and bingo, all good. I now need an indoor digital aerial - any suggestions of cheap aerials that do the job on a camp site?

Back