Location numbers

Betamax_man

Hi,

Just to ask, is there any firmware to enable the sorting of stations to different location numbers? I find it silly that out of the box this cannot be done, but can on my TV,s and computer based PVR.

Cheers,

John.

By "location numbers" I presume you mean LCN (Logical Channel Numbers)? Yes, it is available in the custom firmware (see the custom section of the forum, topic HERE).

You will need to read up about the custom firmware in general (it's not as scary as it looks), see links below.

PS: I don't use Favourites myself, but I believe you can establish your own channel order by that out-of-the-box method, no custom software involved, which is then available as a Group (blue button) on the Guide or as a restricted selection list by pressing OK and then selecting the desired favourites list using left/right.

Menu >> Settings >> Edit Channels >> Edit Favourite List

Further to this I have had a little play and created an Olympics group (renamed from Favourite1 using the OPT+ button in the edit screen). I believe it works better in 1.02.28 than 1.02.20 (which I'm using), but even so you might prefer the custom software option.

Cheers. That's what I meant. No, I don't use favourites neither. Why ‘Freeview™’ insist of the stupid numbers for the HD channels I will never know.

Many thanks,

John.

They will change Sept 19th, main HD channels wil be 101-4. See here

That's smack bang in the middle of my holiday.... please tell me this won't mean that HD programs I set won't record :frantic:

I guess I could set SD instead, just in case :disagree:

This is where I get it in the neck for reminding you to be running disable-dso or preferably 1.02.20, otherwise you won't be recording anything.

This is true. Depending how disruptive any particular "retune" event is, the survival of your recording schedule may be a moot point. With warning it can be planned for, like the suggestion to record StDef channels rather than HiDef for example.

Indeed, if it's only LCNs that are changing rather than mux channel frequencies, is there a possibility that the RS service could compensate?

It won't lose existing recordings, we're talking about the inability to make further recordings until the services are re-established in the database.

I know it will not lose past recordings. I was paraphrasing the original wording. I'll rephrase ....

Why would changing the HD LCNs cause HD channels' timers not to record?

Well, I suppose you have a point there. Not sure though. Would the FOX know the service is transmitting at all if it's not on the right LCN? If it uses a service ID code and that doesn't change, maybe it won't matter. I guess I'll find out in September.

I'll check using a 2 transmitter retune to force channels out of their alotted LCNs and report back on Sunday.

From what has been reported I'd be very surprised that a recording will fail unless the last channel used was from a different transmitter.

Think I will play it safe and record SD just to be sure.

I will also set a the 4.20-4.40am reminder too.

That just great!!!

So will that mean than any programs set at all will not record or that I could lose some? or just that I need to re-tune just get get the channel line up correctly.

How will this affect my faithful old Toppy?

It's not Humax's fault. I expect the Toppy will be effected in the same way.

I know its not Humax's fault, its so frustrating, just when you think the channel shuffling has finished they do some more. I know this won't be the last time either.

I wouldn't care less if I wasn't going away, but to miss out on 3 weeks worth of recording is annoying to say the least. I may have to get someone to come in and do a retune whilst we are away.

Back