Logitech wireless keyboard..

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I just bought a wireless keyboard (Logitech K400) ready for when my Raspberry Pi arrives and plugged it into the Humax to see what happened.

The keyboard was detected by the Linux input subsystem and the number keys work for changing channels, and the arrow, number and return keys work in the portal.

Interesting : )

Code:
humax# cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=046d Product=c52b Version=1201
N: Name="Logitech USB Receiver"
P: Phys=usb-ohci-brcm-2/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input0
H: Handlers=kbd event0
B: EV=120003
B: KEY=10000 7 ff800000 7ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: LED=1f

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=046d Product=c52b Version=1201
N: Name="Logitech USB Receiver"
P: Phys=usb-ohci-brcm-2/input1
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input1
H: Handlers=kbd mouse0 event1
B: EV=10000f
B: KEY=42c43b2 20d0400 0 0 ffff0001 f84 7c000 6639fa d841dfaf 9e0040 0 0 0
B: REL=1c3
B: ABS=1 0

Have you tried the F keys? When I was playing with keyboards, I seem to recall that F5 goes back in the portal, and F12 causes the box to reboot.

I have a Keysonic ACK-540RF wireless keyboard with touch pad that also works on the Humax, I can confirm that number keys, 4 cursor keys, page up/down, Return, F12 work, F5 not working. Mouse pointer also works

Code:
humax# cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=05af Product=0408 Version=0100
N: Name="2.4G USB RF KeyBoard"
P: Phys=usb-ohci-brcm-2/input0
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input0
B: EV=120003
B: KEY=10000 7 ff800000 7ff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: LED=1f

P: Phys=usb-ohci-brcm-2/input1
H: Handlers=mouse0 event1
B: EV=7
B: KEY=30000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103

P: Phys=usb-ohci-brcm-2/input2
S: Sysfs=/class/input/input2
H: Handlers=kbd event2
B: EV=100003
B: KEY=280 0 0 0 0 4 20000 3878 d801d101 1e0040 0 0 0

humax# cat /proc/bus/input/handlers
N: Number=0 Name=kbd
N: Number=1 Name=mousedev Minor=32
N: Number=2 Name=evdev Minor=64
humax#

If you try and enter a 2-digit channel number, does it work? Mine just accepts the first number and won't accept anything else until the channel number popup goes away again.

I don't think there's much mileage in this but I wrote a program to present a virtual keyboard to the Humax and tried sending all possible key codes. Only the few keys mentioned above did anything.

Code:
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1234 Product=fedc Version=0001
N: Name="dummy keyboard"
P: Phys=
B: EV=3
B: KEY=ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff

If anyone wants to play with this then install the uinput package and the source code for the virtual keyboard is at http://hummypkg.org.uk/kbd.c

Sort of related question? what does the 'c' refer to in the line below e.g. d=directory,-=file, l=symbolic link

Code:
mod/tmp/TRY/tmp/dev
humax# ls -al
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 May  8 23:45 .
drwx------ 5 root root    4096 May  9 10:33 ..
crw------- 1 root root 10, 223 May  8 23:45 uinput
BTW
had to download file to P.C. as I got this from the Humax :-
Code:
humax# opkg install http://hummy.org/hdrfox2/base/uinput_2.8.6_mipsel.opk
Downloading http://hummy.org/hdrfox2/base/uinput_2.8.6_mipsel.opk.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hummy.org/hdrfox2/base/uinput_2.8.6_mipsel.opk, wget returned 1.
humax#

O.K., Not sure what I am expecting, but, installed uinput_2.8.6, placed kbd.c in /mod/bin and chmod 700 kbd.c I am getting this :-
Code:
humax# /mod/bin/kbd.c
/mod/bin/kbd.c: line 8: static: not found
/mod/bin/kbd.c: line 10: void: not found
/mod/bin/kbd.c: line 11: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
humax#

So still no way of typing letters in the youtube app then? :mad:

Also should we be worried once you get the Pi that your dev on the humax will end?

O.K., Not sure what I am expecting, but, installed uinput_2.8.6, placed kbd.c in /mod/bin and chmod 700 kbd.c I am getting this :-
Code:
humax# /mod/bin/kbd.c
/mod/bin/kbd.c: line 8: static: not found
/mod/bin/kbd.c: line 10: void: not found
/mod/bin/kbd.c: line 11: syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
humax#
That's the source code for a C program. It needs compiling into a binary to be any use.
If you install the gcc package then you can compile it with:

Code:
humax# gcc -o kbd kbd.c

and then run with

Code:
humax# ./kbd

The source code on the download link just sends a single keypress of the 0(zero) key. It isn't a lot of use unless you want to try hacking around to get the Humax software to handle the keypress events.

I did wonder if the Pi might make a useful media streamer (having a network and an HDMI socket). I also wonder if it might make the basis of an IP-controlled IR blaster - oops, let something slip there.

Ah yes that would be cool!!! I have an old analog TV in the bedroom for the news in the morning and come October & the digital switchover I will have to get a freeview digibox. I was considering a hd fox t2 but its rather bulky. I would rather have a nice wee lcd with build in freeview and a Pi to stream from the hdr in the living room. I wait with anticipation.

The source code on the download link just sends a single keypress of the 0(zero) key.

Thanks for that, I did sort of think kbd.c was C souce code but figured that if it was it wouldn't execute at all (e.g. it wouldn't get to line 8). I can now change the channel using the edited and complied kbd.c source code, but I don't get an entry like your #7, I get the same as before e.g. the one in #4.
Should I be seeing N: Name="dummy keyboard" in /proc/bus/input/devices rather than N: Name="2.4G USB RF KeyBoard"?

Also I have found that if you send a '1' from the wireless keyboard you can follow it up with a '2' on the remote to get '12' Yesterday

I also looked at the Rasberry Pi. You can get XMBC for it which works quite well apparently. Should make a great media player and you could stick it to the back of a tv with it being so small.

I also looked at the Rasberry Pi. You can get XMBC for it which works quite well apparently. Should make a great media player and you could stick it to the back of a tv with it being so small.

I can see a new (unofficial) member of the Humax family appearing soon, the HDR Fox T2, the HD Fox T2 and the HD RPi

Back