Lost networking?

For some reason, Les Dawson sprang to mind.

His 'sketches' playing the piano were outstanding IMHO. For someone to be able to play the piano 'out of tune' but in such a way as to still sound 'right', was really quite amazing. If you get my drift?

A very talented comedian/entertainer. They don't make'm like that any more. :(

Sorry, we drifted off topic there...

Glad you follow Watson. Do we know when 1.03.xx reads the EPG regularly now on the silent boot. If its in the bracked existing time and you weren't using the two disables then one might be ok. But if under 1.03.xx it was set by Humax to wake up out of the bracketed as a new feature and one wasn't using the two disable packages then it could take an update. So the assumption is that the EPG refresh, the new feature of 1.03.xx is around 04:30 - do we know that's right.

What on earth are you wittering on about? Your posts make no sense. Try reading what you wrote before pressing the Post button. Try using punctuation properly and try using words that are actually in the dictionary in proper clauses and sentences.

Do we know when 1.03.xx reads the EPG regularly now on the silent boot.
This is not necessary to make the padding system work the same as the AR system. All they had to do was make the EPG refresh during a padding recording the same as it does during an AR recording.

I will dedicate one of my HDRs to testing this.

What on earth are you wittering on about? Your posts make no sense. Try reading what you wrote before pressing the Post button. Try using punctuation properly and try using words that are actually in the dictionary in proper clauses and sentences.
Its called dyslexia which is why I never got O level English after resitting twice but two maths degrees. Is that clear enough.

With respect, and I know it is not your fault, it does make some of your posts difficult to read.

My brother is dyslexic and I am sure you would understand when I say that I receive some very interesting texts and emails!

This is not necessary to make the padding system work the same as the AR system. All they had to do was make the EPG refresh during a padding recording the same as it does during an AR recording.

I will dedicate one of my HDRs to testing this.
Thanks.

My understanding from what Barry said was that they had sorted out the issue where if you go on holiday for two weeks it misses a serial record since the EPG was never refreshed. You will be saying when it powers up on the serial record it will make the refresh now. I had assumed they had done it like my cable box of powering up for an EPG refresh which it often does. It would now be doing this in the middle of the night or at anytime which would lay you open for the software refresh - may be.

What you are saying that if you were only recording Strictly once a week, went on holiday and the BBC altered the schedule on Friday then you would miss it. So really if it works like that, its not very good. You still need to wake it up yourself or use the custom software that shares around the EPGs for your area as I have read.

I trust we are on the same page now.

Hmmm I expect the argument goes this is a feature of the Free view PVR spec so you have to put your own work arounds in as you covered there and they aren't waking the box up themselves for better EPG refresh except to correct a design issue which is a flawed for the reasons given.

Back