Maplin bargain

I see someone's removed my last post on this thread, yet again.
I don't know why. It wasn't contentious. It was just an update. (And you want other people to pay for you megalomaniacs to continue with this disgraceful behaviour? Dream on.)

A final update is that I have now received my refund from Maplin after having to threaten them with legal action as the next step.
I am certainly Not aware of any posts being removed from this thread.
It seems ironic that you were the one to post about this offer, yet ended up missing out on it in the end.

Although I did miss out on the Maplin offer, being just too late in the end, I am grateful for the 'heads up' that prpr gave. At least I had a chance. So thank you prpr.

There appears to be a 'like' button on post #1. Does that appear for everyone else who got one thanks to that post? :whistling:

I am certainly Not aware of any posts being removed from this thread.
With respect, you are not necessarily aware of everything that goes on, as was shown on a previous occasion.
It seems ironic that you were the one to post about this offer, yet ended up missing out on it in the end.
Yes, that just about sums up the way things are. Certainly this year...

Maplin now have these back in stock. The website does say that stock is low, and at £189.99 they are hardly a bargain anymore. They have probably found the one they were supposed to have sent to Prpr and have put it back on sale!

They've got 3 by the look of it (at time of writing). Perhaps I should ring 'em up and ask why they couldn't replace mine. They claimed they were discontinued at that point which is why I was refunded. I told them I'd rather have a replacement.

I have just checked, and 6 stores have one in stock, and most other stores can have one delivered within 3 days.

Given that HumaxDirect still appear to have Grade A (with 1yr warranty) for £129, the Maplin offer doesn't look very attractive.

Unfortunately I missed the Maplin offer as I'd just ordered a Humax Grade A. Doubly unfortunately, it had to be returned as the HD channels kept breaking up. But having followed the advise from these forums (trying manual tuning) Humax immediately arranged a replacement, which works absolutely perfectly.
So, do check the Grade As work perfectly before thinking about adding custom firmware etc.

I advise a full shake-down on receipt, whether brand new or a refurb. I posted a set of commissioning tests somewhere...

They've been there for ages on that link at that price. They don't seem to have sold very many. "Bestsellers, my arse" as someone on the telly might say.

Back