Maplin bargain

I'll be shot if I buy another one... I did get as far as the checkout though.

Is the voucher code 5FXN-VC8X-TYYF-ZFZK-8RA4 still valid for £7 off items over £75?

Just the one! That is what I call self-control.
That makes it 8 I have in total, although one's a HD Fox-T2 and a fair number are on semi-permanent loan to friends and family members.

Many thanks for the link. Placed my order (all branches near me are out of stock!) for delivery tomorrow (Friday) It will be interesting to see if I can network all three when this one arrives.

Argh, can't decide how many to buy at that price. It's clear there's going to be no better Freeview PVR for quite some time.

Argh, can't decide how many to buy at that price. It's clear there's going to be no better Freeview PVR for quite some time.

I may have bought the last one. I tried to add 2, wouldn't let me claiming insufficient stock. So I bought one, that worked, then I tried to buy another but the site claimed insufficient stock. Unless they're limiting them to one per IP address or something similar, that may be it. Makes me worried mine might not exist, I've bought last stock before only to be told there's a stock keeping error and it doesn't really exist.

Nope. Just tried to order one and says insufficient stock. Never mind. I already have three.

That makes it 8 I have in total, although one's a HD Fox-T2 and a fair number are on semi-permanent loan to friends and family members.
You could always use the altruism defence. As you write and maintain software for a moderately large enthusiast community, you need another one to help support your ventures! Its a better excuse than I have got;)

I got one!

I can update it and swap it out for HDR2 (the out-on-loan unit) - I have not so far cracked how to update a HDR that has no access to Internet, I don't have the sharing capability of a tablet/smart phone with built-in 3/4G. I have been trying to use my MiFi and a 702n, but although that lets the HDR see the Internet, I can't connect to the WebIF at the same time using the MiFi as a router (I suspect it won't do that, allowing connected devices to see the Internet but not each other).

This must be new stock rather than the 'graded' boxes that Humax direct sells? I wonder where they came from: do you think they found a pallet in the back of the warehouse? If they are brand new boxes, presumably they can be registered with Humax for a two year warranty? So no going green then!

Back