Media mistakes

More likely a cock-up at BBC. Just takes one moment of carelessness to fade up the wrong source.
Yes. Sounds like regional opt-out with presenter mic. faded up erroneously. Went on for quite a long time.

Sounds like a remarkable correlation, but the times aren't right. Listening to it now to confirm...
I know it wasn't being broadcast at the time but it would have meant it was 'in the system' for want of a better term. Looking at the schedule it actually went out four times yesterday.

Sigh.

This week's Click, talking about the Springwatch outside broadcast set-up using green hydrogen to run their generators instead of diesel:

"Each gramme of that hydrogen is capable of producing 100kW per second."

"This machine can produce 100kW an hour. That's enough to power a laptop for 200 days."

We're doomed.

"Each gramme of that hydrogen is capable of producing 100kW per second."
I've checked the figures, and the energy density of hydrogen (if used in a 2H₂ + O₂ → 2H₂O reaction) is 100kWs per gramme.

"This machine can produce 100kW an hour. That's enough to power a laptop for 200 days."
Supposing they mean the "machine" can produce up to 100kW, then one hour of output (100kWh) would be enough to provide about 200W for 200 days. 200W seems a bit high for a laptop.

Last edited:
Was this a mistake, or Reuters trying to tell us something?
66202281445.jpg
(No use UK - "You might say that. I couldn't possibly comment." FU)

It'll be interesting to see if today's programme also has it.
[Edit] Nope.
I'd never seen it before. I usually only catch the end of that programme, just before The Saint. Something caught my eye on the caption and I had to "wind back" to be sure. Probably a typing mistake. "R" and "T" are next to each other. Lack of proof reading though. Trouble with OFCOM if anyone reports it.

I'd have assumed it was stock graphic, not something created per programme.
So would I. Perhaps the projectionist is too busy with his new girlfriend. (The excuse TPTV had for showing two different endings for the same episode of Secret Army a week or so ago. They didn't do this on the repeat. And the second ending isn't on the DVD)

Back