Media Server indexing time

fenlander

How long should it take for the media server to catch up with changes? Sometimes when I crop or decrypt a file, I'm still waiting for the media server to catch up half an hour later. Is this normal - it's annoying when I want to both crop and decrypt a file. Is there any way to force a re-index?

Reboot or stop/start the media server seems to be the only reliable way. It's possible that touching the .hmt file may do it depending on what the Humax software is monitoring.

Doing something to update the modification time of the file, say locking or unlocking the recording.

Touching?

Background Information: "touching" a file means updating its "last modified" record in the file properties, and this is typically required when compiling code to make sure the compiler pulls in a particular file (by giving the impression it has been changed since last time). In the Unix/Linux environment there is a specific command "touch" to do this.

OK. A restart of the media server certainly works instantaneously. I'll try the gentle touch next time.

Back