1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mediatomb

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by sohlinux, Apr 25, 2012.

1. sohlinux

sohlinux Member

I installed mediatomb, which folder do I put the videos on my win 7 pc so I can access them through the humax?

now it says media tomb pc directory empty..

thanks

2. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

Which Humax have you got? HD or HDR?

3. sohlinux

sohlinux Member

its HDR

thanks

4. 4291

4291 Well-Known Member

MediaTomb lists recordings in the virtual folder that have been decrypted that is why it's empty.

Others will be along to point you in the right direction regarding the rest of your query.

5. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Were you trying to load Boot HDR onto your box? e.g. "Hi, I am trying to install BootHDR in the package menu 192.168.0.2/pkg.shtml", as far as I'm aware that package is only for the HD T2 as it simulates an HDR T2

6. sohlinux

sohlinux Member

thanks

7. sohlinux

sohlinux Member

I didn install BootHDR, anyway maybe I totally misunderstand what mediatomb is for, I thought I could stream videos from my pc to the humax box?

8. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

You need a program running on the P.C. that provides a DNLA server, there is a basic one built into Windows Media Player, goto Library >> Media Sharing >> Allow Sharing, then items visible to the library can be streamed to the Humax HDR

9. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

The Humax will stream from a PC without any additional help, you need something on the PC to interface with it in the form of a DLNA server. The HDR-FOX will stream to a PC as long as the content is StDef, or HiDef that has been stripped of its content protection; the HD-FOX needs help in the form of MediaTomb.

NEW READERS START HERE (click)
    QUICK START GUIDE (click)

10. sohlinux

sohlinux Member

thanks guys :)