mediatomb

sohlinux

I installed mediatomb, which folder do I put the videos on my win 7 pc so I can access them through the humax?

now it says media tomb pc directory empty..

thanks

MediaTomb lists recordings in the virtual folder that have been decrypted that is why it's empty.

Others will be along to point you in the right direction regarding the rest of your query.

its HDR
thanks

Were you trying to load Boot HDR onto your box? e.g. "Hi, I am trying to install BootHDR in the package menu 192.168.0.2/pkg.shtml", as far as I'm aware that package is only for the HD T2 as it simulates an HDR T2

Were you trying to load Boot HDR onto your box? e.g. "Hi, I am trying to install BootHDR in the package menu 192.168.0.2/pkg.shtml", as far as I'm aware that package is only for the HD T2 as it simulates an HDR T2

I didn install BootHDR, anyway maybe I totally misunderstand what mediatomb is for, I thought I could stream videos from my pc to the humax box?

You need a program running on the P.C. that provides a DNLA server, there is a basic one built into Windows Media Player, goto Library >> Media Sharing >> Allow Sharing, then items visible to the library can be streamed to the Humax HDR

The Humax will stream from a PC without any additional help, you need something on the PC to interface with it in the form of a DLNA server. The HDR-FOX will stream to a PC as long as the content is StDef, or HiDef that has been stripped of its content protection; the HD-FOX needs help in the form of MediaTomb.

NEW READERS START HERE (click)
QUICK START GUIDE (click)

Back