Mexico F1 Times incorrect

antipodean

Looking at the Remote Scheduling Visual page for next Sunday, the times for start and finish of the Mexico F1 Qualifying seem to be stuffed up - I suspect due to daylight saving being turned off. It looks like the start time is set to BST and the finish to GMT. Don't know if this is a stuff up by Ch4 (highly likely following their recent problems) or if the Humax is getting confused.

Don't know if this is a stuff up by Ch4 (highly likely following their recent problems) or if the Humax is getting confused.
Probably neither.
See the annual posts which have been previously been made at this time of year

Thanks for the heads up. Often the case but perhaps check nearer the day, on Friday.

Probably neither.

yeah, but an 11:30 start is well after the adjustment time. It used to be a real problem when BBC/ITV were doing the live broadcasts as the race was across the adjustment time, so to some degree was understandable.

yeah, but an 11:30 start is well after the adjustment time.
For non manually set recordings there is no "adjustment time" as internally it is all GMT.

The epg internals work off GMT all year round.
The AR "signals" work off GMT all your round.
Where BST comes into it is with the displaying for viewing the details, or sometimes on manually set, or manually adjusted, recordings.

For non manually set recordings there is no "adjustment time" as internally it is all GMT.

The epg internals work off GMT all year round.
The AR "signals" work off GMT all your round.
Where BST comes into it is with the displaying for viewing the details, or sometimes on manually set, or manually adjusted, recordings.

For 'adjustment time' I was meaning the 2am point where real clocks jump forward or backward an hour. Sorry I wasn't clear enough on that.

Have now checked my Webif visual schedule and that shows a full hour program (where the RS is showing only about a 1/4 hour, i.e. 0 time plus pre and post padding) as being an hour later than the program stated times, so still using BST as the clock.

Have now checked my Webif visual schedule and that shows a full hour program (where the RS is showing only about a 1/4 hour, i.e. 0 time plus pre and post padding) as being an hour later than the program stated times, so still using BST as the clock.

Good spot antipodean! Unlike yours, my Web IF EPG, RS Visual, and Web IF scheduled events all match one another (as expected), and all programs all day from about 06:00 Sunday until 06:00 Monday, are 1 hour early but ONLY for Channel 4 & 4 HD. So the F1 race highlights in the early hours of Monday is also an hour early, but the race highlights are repeated Mon 07:25 and that is showing correct. I'm recording that for good measure, and also recording everything an hour either side of the other F1 highlights just in case...

I suggest you set a dummy recording timer for say 3am BST / 2am GMT which should allow your PVR to wake up and re-adjust its clock and timer settings after the clocks have gone back.

One event I am recording is the Women's RU semi between England and Australia. Both first and second halves kick off at 1:30am!

I moved the aerial to my TV, retuned, and exactly like my Humax, all Channel4/4HD programs from 06:00 Sunday for 24 hours are 1 hour early. So the fault is in the OTA EPG and probably explains why we are seeing different issues, all other channels look correct. My Mux network is "Berks & North Hant" and I assume Gomezz's isn't.

I'm also recording the England Australia quarter final and it shows correct times (1 program, ITV HD, 01:15-03:00, duration shows 02:25 [due to clock change I presume] and there's no mention of 1st & 2nd half start times at all, so we are getting different (and incorrect in different ways) EPG info...

The kick off time is not from the EPG but from the wheresthematch web site. Useful for those of us that do not want to be bothered with all the pre-match puerile punditry and "features" but just get straight to the actual action.

Different makes of TV and PVR handle / display the EPG times over a DST change in different ways. If you don't trust it then do what I suggested above.

I moved the aerial to my TV, retuned, and exactly like my Humax, all Channel4/4HD programs from 06:00 Sunday for 24 hours are 1 hour early. So the fault is in the OTA EPG and probably explains why we are seeing different issues, all other channels look correct.
Still the situation.

From the Channel 4 website at 11:55, which is accurately showing what is currently being broadcast for the other channels:

1667130997090.png

Good idea Peterworks, I'll set a manual recording for the race highlights as that might fail as well I suppose. I realised quali wasn't recording even though I had set it, and the program after, to record, so maybe the program ID wasn't correct. So typing this to pass the time of 2 minutes of adverts on channel4.com just to see the 5 minutes I missed at the start!

So my humax died around 1:40 giving me only 38 minutes of F1 and also scuppered the backup recording on 4+1 😭 back to All4 with ads :poop:

Back