Missed recordings - how to diagnose?

I have a season pass for Match of the Day. I've just noticed that it didn't record last Saturday (May 13th), and I can't work out why because there was nothing else recording at the time. I've checked the activity and recmon logs but I don't see any mention of it. My wife says that it also failed to record at least one of her recordings on the following evening (May 14th). Any idea how I can diagnose these issues?

What's a "season pass"? I'll assume you mean series recording.

Go into the hidden service menu and enable CRID display - you will then have the ID codes for series and individual programmes displayed in the info panel for EPG items and recordings. Only if the series CRIDs match will a programme be recorded as part of a continuing series, and it is not unusual for the broadcasters to cock these up. See Things Every... (click) section 9.

By far the most reliable way to ensure every programme you want is recorded is to subscribe to the Remote Scheduling service (and enable RTS in the WebIF advanced settings). This will allow you to configure persistent EPG searches, and alerts and/or automatically scheduled events on search hits, independent of CRIDs.

I have a season pass for Match of the Day. I've just noticed that it didn't record last Saturday (May 13th), and I can't work out why because there was nothing else recording at the time.
Because last Saturday Match of the Day was moved to BBC2 because of the Eurovision contest and the Series Record is for a specific channel.

Because last Saturday Match of the Day was moved to BBC2 because of the Eurovision contest and the Series Record is for a specific channel.
That probably explains it. We have seen series record track channel changes in the past, but it does depend on the broadcaster getting things right in the EPG data.

Ah...bloody Eurovision. That'll be it.

I hadn't even noticed the RTS option in Settings - now that is seriously useful.

I do already subscribe to the remote scheduling service, but have not used it yet as I didn't realise that it would be more reliable to locally-scheduled recordings. I shall investigate it further....

It doesn't always work that way, as we proved a year or two back with the Grand Prix stuff. A Series Record worked for both BBC1 and 2.
And also before that in September 2014 for the Cycling World Championship, and that wasn't the first example posted.

Back