Mix AR with Padding. Possible?

I was actually seeing if I could reproduce the problem that I had the other night.

I was actually seeing if I could reproduce the problem that I had the other night.
I'd expect that the programmes would run fairly near to schedule early in the day and any drift to lateness would show later on, when/if it happens. Eg. some days they might get more bookings for adverts than others and rather than turn money away they may simply run some breaks 30 secs longer, which soon adds up to a few minutes late.
So I don't think you will be able to 'replicate' it per se, just allow for it to happen occasionally (by using padded times instead of relying on the "AR" flags).

Stick to AR as your default on the box though: if you change a recording to padding from AR it works fine, but if padding is your global default and you change a recording to AR it will probably fail.
Does this continue to be the case with the multimode package?

Edit:
I've now located the following thread which has more deatil on padding -> AR not always being viable, but I'm sure there is an older thread with more detail somewhere!
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/padded-recordings-swapped-to-ar-failed.6792/

Last edited:
Back