mod: Remote Scheduling of Recordings

Mod software version 1.11 is now out. You'll need to upgrade to this to take part in the remote scheduling beta.

Just updated - v1.11 and webif 0.6.6 works fine for me for remote recordings.

Can I ask is there a reason why the EPG isn't laid out in an "extended" now/next, like on the hdr itself ?

Don't get me wrong, I think all the search options are great, and I know I can click on a channel and get all the EPG for that channel, but I think the "standard" view of a channel list which you can then scroll across to see the whole EPG.

Can I ask is there a reason why the EPG isn't laid out in an "extended" now/next, like on the hdr itself ?

Really just time.. There is another EPG implementation for the Humax that someone on here developed (FoxxyWeb) which is more like that, but I don't think it was ever finished. When I get some time I will look at doing something similar as another screen.

Really just time.. There is another EPG implementation for the Humax that someone on here developed (FoxxyWeb) which is more like that, but I don't think it was ever finished. When I get some time I will look at doing something similar as another screen.

Thanks - no rush though, there are probably more important and useful things for you to be doing - I was just curious if there was a technical reason :)

Those of you who have registered for the beta programme, check your inbox link at the top right...

Cheers af123. Got the email but am at work at the moment. Hopefully I will have time to play tonight.

Am I missing something ?

I can set a schedule item using webif 0.6.6, and mod 1.11 - is the "remote scheduling beta" something different ?

Yes, remote as in from the beach in Cyprus : )

It's a project for allowing you to schedule recordings from anywhere with an Internet connection and web browser, without having to expose your Humax to the Internet at large or set up a VPN back to your home network.

Just a quick update for those who are interested. After a rocky start, beta testing is going fairly well now and most of the testers have had success scheduling recordings remotely. There is more work to do on the backend and more testing, but it's looking promising.

rs-taster.png

So you are running webif 0.6.6 and mod 1.11? are these only available to those of you who registered for beta testing, as I can't seem to download either using 'updating package list from internet' option.

Thanks
Geoff

So you are running webif 0.6.6 and mod 1.11? are these only available to those of you who registered for beta testing, as I can't seem to download either using 'updating package list from internet' option.

Thanks
Geoff

Mod 1.11 available here...
http://www.hummy.tv/forum/threads/customised-hdf-file-released.232/

Not sure what advantages it has if not using remote scheduling.

I didn't realise the webif was locked to beta testers but again - not sure what it adds apart from remote schedule features.

I'm sure the remote schedule package will be public soon anyway - af123 has done a good job.

I didn't realise the webif was locked to beta testers but again - not sure what it adds apart from remote schedule features.

Just to clarify, the Internet-based web interface (http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/) is only for beta testers currently although I hope to open it up for public testing next week. I just want to make sure we've quashed as many bugs as possible first and simplified some elements.

The webif package itself is a separate thing which isn't related, and allows for scheduling of recordings through the web interface on the Humax itself. That's pretty stable now.

@af123.

Just installed 1.11, and I have to say how impressed I am, especially the web interface. I bought my Hummy last October after finally giving up on MythTVafter an 18month struggle. Little did I think at the time that there would be custom firmware released that would enable me to echieve exactly (but perhaps more reliably) what I wanted from Myth!

Anywho. My post is really to say - are you still looking for Beta testers for the remote scheduling? If so I'll PM you my MAC address tonight. I'm quite happy dabbling with the Linux command line.

I have downloaded the beta for RS and since it is locked for testers only I get access denied. How will we know when it is open to us? I assumed that since I could download it I could use it. Would it be communicated on the twitter feed also?

Back