Moving recordings to Android tablet?

gomezz

Is there anyway of doing this directly? I have just done a test of moving it to my Vista laptop, uploading it to SkyDrive then downloading to the tablet which is all a bit of a faff and takes a long time. The good news is that the VLC beta app on the tablet played it fine.

Is there anyway of doing this directly? I have just done a test of moving it to my Vista laptop, uploading it to SkyDrive then downloading to the tablet which is all a bit of a faff and takes a long time. The good news is that the VLC beta app on the tablet played it fine.

Doesn't your tablet connect directly to a PC like the Nexus 7 does using USB ? MX player works with Foxsat files (HD & SD) on my Nexus 7 and plays them back from a usb drive as well.

I have just installed ES File Explorer on my Nexus 4 and set up a Network Lan Device using the IP address of my HDR-Fox T2. I can play videos direct or copy them to my Nexus 4. I do not know if you can do this on a Foxsat

Just installed ES File Explorer but can't set up a Network LAN Device for the HDR: Says "Error, cannot find server". What am I missing?

Sorry, I may have crossed some forum boundaries again. This is certainly possible with the HDR-Fox with CF and Samba installed, but I now see that you're enquiring about the FoxSat.

It's that pesky 'New Threads' option - again. So easy to miss the forum name when replying.

I always click through the main forum listing for that very reason. Forum sections / subsections / topics with new content are highlighted, and clicking a highlighted topic title gets me directly to the new posts (knowing the context).

I can get to the main web page on the Foxsat from Chrome and from there to the list of recordings but pressing on the Opt+ button (to give me the download option) does nothing.

But finding out about ES File Explorer has been a useful exercise regardless. Thanks for that.

It's that pesky 'New Threads' option - again. So easy to miss the forum name when replying.
I agree. It would be useful if the titlebar of the browser could be made to have the forum section in it instead of the mostly useless string "a discussion forum and help reference for owners of Humax AV equipment".
I don't know if this is possible without hacking the forum software about.

I know. And it's at the top of the page when you're looking at the thread, but it's usually scrolled way off the top.
The suggestion was perfectly reasonable - to put the forum section name somewhere where you can see it at all times without needing to look somewhere else.

What is wrong with one of the FTP clients for Android? You can FTP directly into the HDR (with custom firmware) and grab the .ts files. There are several players of TS files on Android.

Alternatively, you can use something like UPnPlay and VPlayer to stream them direct from the HDR.

What is wrong with one of the FTP clients for Android? You can FTP directly into the HDR (with custom firmware) and grab the .ts files. There are several players of TS files on Android.

Alternatively, you can use something like UPnPlay and VPlayer to stream them direct from the HDR.

None of the ftp apps appear to work with the new Nexus 7. Probably a Android 4.3 compatibility issue. I imagine the OP wants to play content while away from home as I do.

I am happy to use FTP but what info do I need to use to set it up?

User: humaxftp
Passwd: 0000

as far as I remember. FTPCafe is reasonable, also AndFTP. I got the paid version of FTPCafe free from Amazon's Appstore when it was the free App of the Day. (You can stick Amazon's AppStore on a non-Kindle Fire Android device.)

Back