multiple updates

IJ36

Hi,

I have just updated my HDR foxT2 manually after finding the last update had not come through OTA ( just came across this when checking portal problems. One of many people having problems with portal I believe).I don't know why the update was not OTA as box was in standby and aerial connected. Any thoughts on that?

I decided to check out my lesser used HD Fox T2 and found the same problem with updates which now means I need to do several updates manually. Can I put multiple updates on the usb pen and install them together. I think that would mean me changing the name slightly for each one and don't know if that will cause a problem

Thanks

You only need to update to the latest (or whichever you desire) in one go. Updates for HD-FOX and HDR-FOX can coexist on the same UPD because (once unzipped) they have different file names, but not different updates for the same device (they all have the same file name). You can keep all the zips on the UPD if you want.

1.02.32 and 1.03.06 have never been transmitted, if that's what you mean.

Please see Things Every... (click) section 1 about firmware differences, and the Glossary (click) for an explanation of terms.

Thanks for the information Black Hole.

I, also, looked at the helpful links you provided. Also, I have been tempted to use the custom firmware for some time now, but, don't know really know enough about its benefits. Always looking to improve on things like streaming issues and portal, etc. Nor know how it is affected by OTA updates.
Thanks

Thanks Ezra Pound. Did find that link very useful.

Sorry if I am laboring this point, but, will OTA updates interfere with the custom firmware, and if so how?

Thanks

Sorry if I am laboring this point, but, will OTA updates interfere with the custom firmware, and if so how?
Yes, the OTA updates will replace any Custom Firmware if the Version is newer, e.g. if you are running HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.18 which is the Custom version of 1.02.32 it would be replaced by an OTA'ed version of 1.02.33 or later. However when an OTA overwrites the Custom Firmware, it does not remove the CF packages you have loaded previously, they will just be disabled until a new CF is installed. An OTA of the official 1.02.32 would not replace HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.18. When the official 1.02.33 is released a new Custom Firmware HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.33_mod_2.18 will be made available soon afterwards.

Humax have said that 1.03.06 will be available for download within a week, although no OTA dates have been fixed yet, so as MikeSh says it's probably a good idea to install the Custom firmware package called Disable_OTA to prevent the new official firmware getting onto your Humax before you are ready to accept it

OTA is also disabled by setting a daily reminder schedule spanning 4.30am (see Things Every... section 4), which means it is possible to keep an older standard firmware (if desired) without installing custom firmware.

I take a belt-and-braces approach, I have an 0420-0440 reminder and run disable-ota.

My boxes have never had an OTA update in almost 3 years, as they have always been updated by myself as soon as the firmware has been made available for download.
I have no need for daily reminders, or disable-ota for that matter. If Humax should choose to broadcast an OTA update that had not been made available for download, then no doubt my boxes would take it at the appropriate time.

Thank everyone.

Will CF solve the problems with portal problems? ( Looked at advice on the forum for the standard portal, checked everything, can't sort it). Andthe temporemental problems of streaming?

Will CF solve the problems with portal problems?
No.

Andthe temporemental problems of streaming?
The CF provides alternatives to streaming, but it sounds to me like you have a network problem which affects streaming and the TV Portal (and would affect any alternative to streaming also).

Start a new topic regarding your portal problem and we'll have a go at it - the portal is a good diagnostic for network functionality.

Back