Mum says recordings are failing, rs says not, help?

One problem both my parents and my aunt have is some of the buttons on the remote are getting difficult to press. I assume the places in the remote that they press on needs cleaning, but the remote seems so hard to take apart I've never dared. Strangely my remotes are older and completely fine. I don't know what they do to them (furniture polish is a possibility).
Spilt tea seems to be quite high on the list of culprits
Make-up was what (temporarily) rendered the buttons on my late SU's remote unreadable, but it didn't appear to get inside.

OP has presumably consulted @EP's remote control fix-it guide?

Make-up was what (temporarily) rendered the buttons on my late SU's remote unreadable, but it didn't appear to get inside.

OP has presumably consulted @EP's remote control fix-it guide?

I didn't know there is a remote contol fix-it guide, thanks for that. Given how flimsy the latches look I've never dared try, but the remotes are getting so bad it may be time.

Tried that once, miserable failure. Many buttons are labelled incorrectly, and it lead to confusion about which remote they were using because it didn't say Humax on it.
This is the 200. There are four uncommitted buttons which I have given specific functions and labelled up, the rest seem OK and what she doesn't know about she doesn't miss. The other handsets have been confiscated.

This is the 200. There are four uncommitted buttons which I have given specific functions and labelled up, the rest seem OK and what she doesn't know about she doesn't miss. The other handsets have been confiscated.

I can't confiscate remotes, my dad wouldn't allow it. I could do it my aunt's I suppose.

A thorough clean is probably the safe way to start.
Yes, there are two paths to fixing remotes depending on what happened to the original conductive surface, it either got covered up (usually by some sticky gunk), or it got removed, (worn out), cleaning obviously only fixes the first problem, but gentle cleaning is always the first step

I have used the conduvtive paint in the guide to repair a burglar alarm keypad used mulitple times a day for a couple of years, it's still going strong

Back