My eyes are blind, I cannot see... that TINY blue font

LDW

Especially spindly pale blue letters against a white background.

screen font.jpg

Is there a way to change font colour / weight either on the T2 or on the WebIf?

Looked through these fora (grammar!) but saw nothing on this topic.

Thanks!

Oh goodie!

Someone has moved this to the WebIf forum - which must mean there is a way in the WebIf.

Or...

There was some talk of alternative colours / fonts on the Web-If, but this is not available at present, however, the screen on a P.C. can always be magnified, either by playing around with the default windows font size / DPI settings or with an add-on package like http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

There was some talk of alternative colours / fonts on the Web-If, but this is not available at present, however, the screen on a P.C. can always be magnified

Oh. But this is the Hummy's font, displayed on the TV screen. Or have I misunderstood you?

No, Sorry, you are correct, I think it was a way of changing fonts / colours that the T2 displays on the TV, but that was one of your options and isn't currently available. That leaves you with the P.C. displaying the Web-If pages, so you would have to go for the magnifying options

Yeah it's very useful. Especially if you run silly Resolutions (I'm on 1600 x 1200). Works in most OS too; Windows / Ubuntu / Mac - I think? - I should know in a few weeks for sure:D

Also - if you have a mouse scroll wheel, just hold CTRL down and scroll the wheel slowly. It should zoom in / out, may depend on you driver settings though.

I was surprised to see that in Firefox you can have multiple Tabs open and set the zoom level individually on each Tab. However I can't make it work outside a browser e.g. to magnify a WinAmp consol which is the reason I got the magnifier program to see the WinAmp window on my TV 10 feet away

I've been a FF user for years, before that IE briefly, then Netscape prior to that! In fact I think it was called Mosaic back in 1993?

I've now switched to Chrome, mostly cause Google bookmarks got dropped from Firefox. If you have a smart phone, or multiple PC's, Chrome is fantastic - you can keep Bookmarks, saved Passwords, and recent tabs all synced, across all platforms automatically. Plus the Google app store has some really great plugins. When Chrome came out I really hated it, but now they have polished it to near perfection! :cool:

Don't know about the date, but it was definitely pre '95 as I was using on Win3.11 with a non- microsoft IPstack.
Netscape was the offshoot to sell the browser (which was still available free to personal users up to a varsion of which I misremember the number)

Back