[network-shares-automount] package released

New version of network-shares-automount available that works with CFW 2.15 (and still works with previous versions!)

Is there a version yet that doesn't require you to plug a USB drive in?

Right... I hadn't picked up on that.
Why are both packages still available if it is an either/or choice, or is there more to it?

I think Virtual Disk2 completely replaces Virtual Disk, but the first one is still supported and is being used by people

There are reports of virtual-disk2 not working.

Now Network-shares-automount 1.4-1, virtual-disk2 2.0 and CF 2.15 all appear to work as expected. I had problems with previous versions.

Since loading vurtual-disk2 earlier today, I am running the same combination as Seabee... and haven't experienced any problems.

i'm of cfw 2.13 and my system has stopped me from accessing the remote files, it was fine until a few days ago, i assume this coincided with the new package appearing

i'm used to the old system and have checked that all the settings and ip address are correct, have rebooted but still cant access

my tversity still accesses files so its not a connectivity problem, will cut and paste the scanmount thing in a moment

>>> Contents of /var/log/scanmounts.log 2.98 MiB
192.168.1.2 is on-line - attempting to mount humaxpcaccess
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.2/VARIOUS SERIES /media/humaxpcaccess -o user=matilda,password=oliver,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.1.2\VARIOUS SERIES
BusyBox v1.12.4 (2012-07-05 11:11:33 KST) multi-call binary

Usage: mount [flags] DEVICE NODE [-o options,more-options]

Mount a filesystem. Filesystem autodetection requires /proc be mounted.

Options:
-a Mount all filesystems in fstab
-r Read-only mount
-t fs-type Filesystem type
-w Read-write mount (default)
-o option:
loop Ignored (loop devices are autodetected)
[a]sync Writes are asynchronous / synchronous
[no]atime Disable / enable updates to inode access times
[no]diratime Disable / enable atime updates to directories
[no]relatime Disable / enable atime updates relative to modification time
[no]dev Allow use of special device files / disallow them
[no]exec Allow use of executable files / disallow them
[no]suid Allow set-user-id-root programs / disallow them
[r]shared Convert [recursively] to a shared subtree
[r]slave Convert [recursively] to a slave subtree
[r]private Convert [recursively] to a private subtree
[un]bindable Make mount point [un]able to be bind mounted
bind Bind a directory to an additional location
move Relocate an existing mount point
remount Remount a mounted filesystem, changing its flags
ro/rw Mount for read-only / read-write

There are EVEN MORE flags that are specific to each filesystem
You'll have to see the written documentation for those filesystems

Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/humaxpcaccess: Invalid argument
192.168.1.2 is on-line - attempting to mount humaxpcaccess
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.2/VARIOUS SERIES /media/humaxpcaccess -o user=matilda,password=oliver,domain=WORKGROUP,unc=\\192.168.1.2\VARIOUS SERIES
BusyBox v1.12.4 (2012-07-05 11:11:33 KST) multi-call binary

Usage: mount [flags] DEVICE NODE [-o options,more-options]

That looks as if it could be a problem with the space in the share name. I'll do some testing this evening and check.

thanks, i've now updated to cfw 2.15 and put an underscore where the space was between various and series, all seems to be to no avail?

Can any one help.
I have two humax hdr on my wifi network. I would like to be able to transfer files across from one box to the other. (At present able to view and stream from one box to the other but not able to move files and no fast forward or rewind whilst streaming).

Cannot get the automount settings to work. These are the last few lines from the scanmounts log :
192.168.1.9 is on-line - attempting to mount Humax1
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.9//media /media/Humax1 -o user=humaxftp,password=0000,domain=home,unc=\\192.168.1.9\\media
mount: mounting //192.168.1.9//media on /media/Humax1 failed: No such device or address
Mount failed...
umount: can't forcibly umount /media/Humax1: Invalid argument
Attempting to wake 192.168.1.9

This is on the humax in the kitchen and the host IP is the humax in the sitting room. I have created afolder in the kitchen HDR called Humax1 and located it in the /media file.
The workgroup is the name of the routers workgroup (PC windows XP but off most of the time).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks that was just what I was looking for. Dont need network-automount-shares. Perhaps the above link and explanation re Foxlink should be put on the network-automount-shares wiki as an alternative.

Since loading vurtual-disk2 earlier today, I am running the same combination as Seabee... and haven't experienced any problems.

I have. With virtual disk 2, I get a popup onscreen each time I start the system telling me the system has found a usb drive and asking me what I want to do.

I don't get that with virtual disk.

Back