Networking Two HDR-FOX T2s

rew45

I have two HDR-FOX T2s which can't see each other. When choosing network storage, they can both see the DLNA server on my Windows 7 PC, and the PC and a couple of iPads can see both Humaxes, and I can ping them both from all devices (both have static addresses). Is this a problem with my network, or is it a known bug?

Have you turned on their servers? You hint so, but it is not explicit.

Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On

The typical thing is that you have not allowed enough time. The discovery phase seems to take a while first time.

You may also be interested in what the Customised Firmware can offer in this regard. Instead of being confined to the limited functionality of DLNA access, you can have each HDR behave as if the recording is stored locally (providing you configure it to routinely decrypt all recordings). See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/network-shares-automount-package-released.1126/

Last edited:
Yes, both servers are turned on, and I can access them reliably using DLNA clients on the PC and two iPads.

The discovery process is very flaky on both HDRs. The PC is the only other DLNA server, and can normally be seen from both HDRs, after a lengthy search, however sometimes it disappears. When this happens it seems to be necessary to use the Portal, or visit the Menu Internet settings to restore the connection.
Also, if storage is set to Photos, I have only been able to access pictures on the PC just twice, out of perhaps 20 attempts.

The CF sharing solution seems to be the way to go, thanks for the pointer. However, I'm not entirely happy with my network, and it would be interesting to know if you or anyone else out there has two HDR's which can stream to each other using the standard DLNA server/client.

it would be interesting to know if you or anyone else out there has two HDR's which can stream to each other using the standard DLNA server/client.
I have three, and yes they do see each other by DLNA.

There have been other reports of routers imposing strange restrictions on what network traffic can take place. You could try rebooting it (the router) for a start.

Back