New 5000T stuck in standby

And likely your next question would likely be something along the lines of "Can I copy stuff from one to the other"
With difficulty.
Would you actually watch recordings in the Kitchen/Diner rather than the lounge? I know I wouldn't
Might do. Depends on whether there is something to watch when I'm eating my dinner. Got to use a table, no trays in front of the TV.

You must have one of the dog slow EPG LGs like wot I have then? :eek:
Got it from Sainsbugs on special offer after some Euro football competition and used some vouchers we had a few years ago, I know why it was on offer now. If it wasn’t for the cost of replacing the windows, the TV would have gone through them by now

Yeah. Sky were giving them away for something or other (Q) as well.
Mrs Trev hates it, I dislike it, BUT it's great for pausing live etc once you hang a HDD off it.

Hi again guys, I just wanted to firstly say a big thanks for your advice, it has been very much appreciated and I also wanted to let you know how things have worked out, since you took the time to help out a "newbie" with minor tech abilities. The replacement HDD has arrived for my old Fox T2. I've installed it and the beauty is working as well as it did before, great relief and happy to have the Fox up and running again. I've commenced the returns process with Curry's to send back the new 5000T as faulty, it will be collected on Monday and hopefully the refund will follow soon. Having experienced the new 5000T, I'm now seriously considering just buying a second hand Fox T2 instead of another new 5000T, as I'm finding it hard to see where the 5000T will better the Fox T2, better to have 2 foxes in the hand than a 5000T in the bush, or something like that?

Back