New Custom Firmware for software version 1.02.32

Mrs Snowman

Hi Folks, Can someone give me a direct link to af's new CS please?

Also, do I install the new Humax SW first then install af's new CS afterwards and do I need to remove the CS I am currently using? Thanks :)

Without knowing exactly which file you need I can't supply a direct link, take a look at the WiKi Firmware page links and pick one. Again without knowing what firmware you are starting from, it's not easy to say which is the easiest route to upgrade, however there is an upgrade guide on the WiKi HERE

Thanks Ezra but I don't understand any of that. I know how to install the Humax new SW via little memory stick thingie but what do I need to do after I have done this to update af's custom that I'm using just now. Can you please explain it simply as I'm not technically minded, thanks a lot.

Just had another look, do I just install this after putting the new Humax software on?
Customised Firmware Release Notes | Upgrade Path
Current release:
(SHA1: 8d588378a1798469e200c55fb564b95bc3457258)

O.K. I just need to know where you are starting from,
If you currently have official Humax firmware 1.02.32 then install HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.15 on top of it
If you currently have af123's firmware HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.29_mod_2.15 then install HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.32_mod_2.15 on top of it

All firmware is installed in the same way (with the 'memory stick thingie'), but Note that zip files need to be un-zipped first

Thank you Ezra, thats as simple as I needed it to be. The second option is what I will be doing :)

Edit: Does this Humax update sort the annoying 800 channels that appear after doing a retune then?

Yes, one of the Humax fixes in 1.02.32 is supposed to give better selection of channels during tuning, however you may still get channels in the 800's and if you do it is better to get rid of them

It would add to our knowledge if you could report on the forum as to whether the new 1.02.32 does find the duplicate 800's channels after a re-tune

Hi Folks, Can someone give me a direct link to af's new CS please?

Also, do I install the new Humax SW first then install af's new CS afterwards and do I need to remove the CS I am currently using? Thanks :)

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
If you look down the page you will find downloads for custom firmware. These are a combined Official Firmware and Custom Firmware. You just load it over the top of your current setup (it replaces both).
Make sure you pick up the right download, there are four sections HDR/HD, Official/Custom combinations.
The versions are defined in file name.s.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
If you look down the page you will find downloads for custom firmware. These are a combined Official Firmware and Custom Firmware. You just load it over the top of your current setup (it replaces both).
Make sure you pick up the right download, there are four sections HDR/HD, Official/Custom combinations.
The versions are defined in file name.s.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I noticed both the Humax and af's custom are in the one file Harvey which is great as saves any faffing around :)

I wasn't expecting any updates from Humax tbh as I didn't think there were many problems with it, however it would be nice if the 800's go away with a normal rescan as it saves doing a manual I guess.

All the information needed to update the firmware and where to download it from is carefully spelled out in as plain English as I could manage in the link given - as well as detailing how to do it. It would help a lot to have feedback as to why the reference info is not adequate.

I give up.

All the information needed to update the firmware and where to download it from is carefully spelled out in as plain English as I could manage in the link given - as well as detailing how to do it.

I give up.

Are you always so self righteous Black hole? Reading through this forum I have always found your answers to be quite obnoxious and blunt. To be honest I really don't like you very much so maybe it's best you ignore my posts since I only seem to annoy you anyway.

Are you always so self righteous Black hole? Reading through this forum I have always found your answers to be quite obnoxious and blunt. To be honest I really don't like you very much so maybe it's best you ignore my posts since I only seem to annoy you anyway.

That made me laugh! :D

Hi again folks, I have just installed the new Humax software, and then installed ef's new one on top of it. Everything seems to be working fine except the 'swap list and info button'. I've reset the option several times to 'yes' in the remote control section online and rebooted my box several times but the info and list buttons just won't swap :(

Can someone possibly tell me where I have gone wrong, appreciate the help guys :)

Did you follow the upgrade procedure in the Wiki? You should have run the prepare-for-upgrade diagnostic at some point.

If you didn't, then you can fix this by running the fix-flash-packages diagnostic (from the web interface Diagnostics page)

Back