New Firmware for Friday 4 February 2011

Hello everyone.

I have, like many, been keenly awaiting this update, but am wondering why Humax have not made this available for download. An oversight or intentional for some reason? Any thoughts? It'll be months until I get Freeview HD in my area.

Cheers

any good free FTP server software people can reccommend?

In windows you can FTP by typing in ftp://ipaddress in Windows or Internet explorer (where ipaddress is the ip address of the Humax).

If you download and use an alternative FTP application then you may need tweak some of the FTP options to work correctly with the Humax.

Update: Humax sent us the following statement to explain the absence of Sky Player: "Humax is still in the process of completing Sky Player tests, but didn't want to delay the launch of the Portal. Sky Player is expected to launch in a matter of weeks."

You couldnt make it up...

To be fair, if there were problems with SkyPlayer that made it unsuitable for release then why delay the 90% of features/functionality that is working? We'd all be a lot more pee'd off if nothing had been released yet, wouldn't we?

To be fair, if there were problems with SkyPlayer that made it unsuitable for release then why delay the 90% of features/functionality that is working? We'd all be a lot more pee'd off if nothing had been released yet, wouldn't we?

Oh yes, you're absolutely right. I was referring really to the wording - perhaps "...but didn't want to *further* delay the launch of the Portal..." might have been more political!! :D

Mr Lazy & ThatMartinChap, Thanks a lot. Now downloaded, and first on my list of things to do when I get home!

Back