New Firmware for Friday 4 February 2011

Hope this isn't another wind-up thread!!!

Edit: Yep, it's listed on the DTG download site (see other thread for link)

It's on DTG site. Will it pick it up by itself or do you have to initiate the upgrade manually. In the old 9200 there was a setting for checking updates auto.

It's on DTG site. Will it pick it up by itself or do you have to initiate the upgrade manually. In the old 9200 there was a setting for checking updates auto.

Should d/l it over the air, but the box needs to be in standby.

I'm hoping they will put it on their website today (not there yet)

Hm fingers crossed, could just be a reserved slot they had planed in advance and could be pulled again. I'll believe it when I have it.

I see it's listed as being for the HDR-T2 - anyone know whether it is expected to also work the HD-T2 ?

I see it's listed as being for the HDR-T2 - anyone know whether it is expected to also work the HD-T2 ?
If i remember rightly last week when DTG were listing the OTA dates it showed the same firmware version for both the HD/HDR

looks like humax have fallen out with their own beta site, or at least with people who go on the forums (we are the most likely people to download betas)

Does anyone know if you have to be able to receive HD channels to get the new firmware as I have the T2 but I can't get Freeview HD until March next year!

Unfortunately for you, you do. Does anyone know if once upgraded to the new firmware, one can make a copy of it and give to the poor souls not on HD?

Why do you need HD? Isn't it going out on mux1?

edit just re-read the DTG site. The HD d/ls are not on mux 1 - my bad :(

Does anyone know if you have to be able to receive HD channels to get the new firmware as I have the T2 but I can't get Freeview HD until March next year!

For this particular transmission you do need to be able to receive HD. On at least one occasion an HDR update has been done on the standard engineering channel available in non HD areas. On past experience it will be available for download from the Humax web site before long.

Given the silence from Humax, I have prepared my self for an update that will fix some issues but contains no Portal.If so I have my torch and pitchfork ready and will be marching on Humax HQ. ;)

damn i'm away for the weekend from 7am tomorrow leaving her at home, what will the box do left in her less than capable hands. i obviously want the update to happen but am concerned that the box is rendered unuseable both from watching recorded items and also still recording what its meant to over the weekend?

am i right in thinking that if the box is not put into standby then it wont update??

not back til monday eve, when i think it'll all be over, so looks like after all this wait i'm gonna bloody miss it!!

i obviously want the update to happen but am concerned that the box is rendered unuseable both from watching recorded items and also still recording what its meant to over the weekend?
After all this time surely it's going to be sock solid? ;)

so looks like after all this wait i'm gonna bloody miss it!!
Er, so long as your box has not been bricked (just kidding) it'll still be there, so you won't miss it you'll just be a little late for the party. :)

Back