New profile posts

RobH1

Can anyone explain the purpose of the New profile posts on the Forums home page?

Not sure - if you google for 'xenforo profile posts' you will see lots of discussion about it.

This is a default item with the current Xenforo firmware version, but it can be disabled if required.

I think they can be considered a mood blog. Does anybody look at them? Newbies seem to be chucking cries for help on there, apparently unable to grasp the forum basics.

This is a default item with the current Xenforo firmware version, but it can be disabled if required.
I don't find them of any value.
Newbies seem to be chucking cries for help on there, apparently unable to grasp the forum basics.
Grasping the forum basics is hardly a difficult concept. Those who can't grasp them are probably the people you wouldn't want on the forum anyway.

Does anyone have any objections to them being removed from the forum home page?

None at all. Having them there might give the impression that the witterings will be taken notice of, which is probably a false one.

They have gone from the forum home page, but are still available via a tab on the New Posts page.

I've liked that Gomezz, as I'm partial to a bit of mild sarcasm. (Which I hope it is!) :)

Back