New router over the network issues

No. It is still different.
You really would help those trying to help if you gave more information. What is the IP address of each device on the network (as reported by the device not the router)? What DNS addresses are different devices reporting? Are you sure the FOXSAT is set to obtain an IP address by DHCP?

You really would help those trying to help if you gave more information. What is the IP address of each device on the network (as reported by the device not the router)? What DNS addresses are different devices reporting? Are you sure the FOXSAT is set to obtain an IP address by DHCP?

The Foxsat is definately set by DHCP. IP address of the Foxsat is 192.168.1.75, IP address of the Fox is 192.168.1.76. DNS of the Foxsat 112.252.144.0 but keeps changing even as I am looking the screen. DNS of the Fox is 192.168.1.254, which is the routers address.

If this helps, on the network page on my computer I have Foxsat HDR (twonkymedia) as a media device, Technicolor TG582n as a media device, Technicolor TG582n as network infrastructure, Foxsat HDR as a computer, *****PC as a computer, Technicolor as a computer. Hope that makes sense.

The Foxsat is definately set by DHCP. IP address of the Foxsat is 192.168.1.75, IP address of the Fox is 192.168.1.76. DNS of the Foxsat 112.252.144.0 but keeps changing even as I am looking the screen.
That is weird. I have no idea what is happening with the FOXSAT; anybody have an idea? 112.252.144.0 doesn't appear to answer DNS requests.

It may be perfectly harmless, but as 112.252.144.0 seems to be owned by China Unicom Shandong province network and doesn't seem to be a DNS server, it looks a bit suspicious to me
EDIT
That IP address also has a Block list entry HERE

The Foxsat is definately set by DHCP. IP address of the Foxsat is 192.168.1.75, IP address of the Fox is 192.168.1.76. DNS of the Foxsat 112.252.144.0 but keeps changing even as I am looking the screen. DNS of the Fox is 192.168.1.254, which is the routers address.

Am I to assume the Foxsat is outside the router firewall? I think 112.252.144.0 is your internet connection external IP address. All communications of your LAN with the internet will use that. It will vary if it is not fixed by your ISP, but not that quickly.

As for different DNS addresses, within your LAN the DNS address is either set to (a) the router's IP address, or (b) the (usually two) DNS addresses your router fetches from your ISP. The latter are only useful for external, internet use of course, whereas the former works internally too.

Edit: Ezra thinks your Foxsat has been hacked. Can you stick a Foxsat safely outside the firewall? Doubt it!

Am I to assume the Foxsat is outside the router firewall? I think 112.252.144.0 is your internet connection external IP address. All communications of your LAN with the internet will use that. It will vary if it is not fixed by your ISP, but not that quickly.

As for different DNS addresses, within your LAN the DNS address is either set to (a) the router's IP address, or (b) the (usually two) DNS addresses your router fetches from your ISP. The latter are only useful for external, internet use of course, whereas the former works internally too.

Edit: Ezra thinks your Foxsat has been hacked. Can you stick a Foxsat safely outside the firewall? Doubt it!

Ok. I am afraid I am not sure whether it is outside the firewall it is not something I would have done intentionally or not and wouldn't know how to check.

If it has been hacked would I have expected more problems with the Foxsat itself?

Thanks for your ideas everyone.

Ok. I am afraid I am not sure whether it is outside the firewall it is not something I would have done intentionally or not and wouldn't know how to check.
There is something odd about the FOXSAT which I don't think any of us understand. Have you tried a reset to default settings.

There is something odd about the FOXSAT which I don't think any of us understand. Have you tried a reset to default settings.

Just reset to default settings. With the network set as DHCP my FOXSAT's DNS address started at 104.184.8.0 then changes every 30-60 seconds to another 104.***.8.0

Just reset to default settings. With the network set as DHCP my FOXSAT's DNS address started at 104.184.8.0 then changes every 30-60 seconds to another 104.***.8.0
Weird. What happens if you used a manually set IP address rather than DHCP?

I'll put a lot of money on this being something to do with the HomePlugs. Can you use a wire instead, even if only temporarily?

Meanwhile I suggest configuring it manually and using the same netmask, gateway, and DNS addresses as the HD-FOX.

Yes I have set the FOXSAT manually now. I have connected to the internet from my routers wireless connection using a Wireless adapter for the Pc, the FOX seemed to find the FOXSAT ok without the wired connection from router to Pc. A workaround for now rather than a fix.

Yes I have set the FOXSAT manually now. I have connected to the internet from my routers wireless connection using a Wireless adapter for the Pc, the FOX seemed to find the FOXSAT ok without the wired connection from router to Pc. A workaround for now rather than a fix.

Maybe it's your PC that has been hacked then. I would do a very thorough scan if I were you.

I'll put a lot of money on this being something to do with the HomePlugs.

Why would you think that? More likely, something on the PC is setting DNS on anything else on the LAN, surely? Virus? Worm? I can't think of any way Powerline would set DNS on a piece of equipment to a Chinese address unless it, itself, has been hacked. Is that what you think?

No, just that I have seen HomePlugs do very strange things. When they work they're great. It is the Foxsat that's on the HomePlugs, isn't it? I have a 15m Ethernet cable for experimenting, it didn't cost much.

Back