New software available

I might have to buy a HDR-2000T now. I really need a new PVR;)

Hopefully the development team will have time for the HD-FOX update now!

Seeing is believing, and I am still waiting for the confirmation that the patch really does enable aerial pass-through.

Regardless, the 1800/2000 has taken a step towards becoming a much better and more desirable machine (especially if iPlayer works properly!).

Seeing is believing, and I am still waiting for the confirmation that the patch really does enable aerial pass-through.
My 2000T is in standby. My TV is now connected to one of my aerials via an HDR-2000t which is using UKTFAC 1.01.06 (date 16 Aug 2014). On my TV I see a picture of a live channel.
OK?

Regardless, the 1800/2000 has taken a step towards becoming a much better and more desirable machine (especially if iPlayer works properly!).
Better - yes.
Desirable - for some but not for me.

AD - Not fixed
Export and networking of SD instant recordings - not fixed
4:3 TV bug - not fixed
iPlate display of 'Drama' - not fixed
Auto retune - not fixed
Lack of functionalty (e.g. bookmarks, slow motion) - obviously no change

iPlayer V4 naviation - still OK
IPTV - still OK
Noise - still OK. It runs so cool that I fail to see the point of the fan.

My 2000T is in standby. My TV is now connected to one of my aerials via an HDR-2000t which is using UKTFAC 1.01.06 (date 16 Aug 2014). On my TV I see a picture of a live channel.
OK?
Black Hole Still won't believe it until he has seen it himself.:rolleyes:

Noooo... I think that's confirmation enough. It just underlines that Humax must have been blithering idiots to release firmware with no pass-through if they could have done - I was giving them some kind of benefit of the doubt that there was a hardware issue preventing it.

I find the method of distribution interesting. They clearly aren't going to post anything new on the betahumax site (so why still pay to host it?). They went to the expense of distributing the last HDR-FOX update OTA, with an ftp download made available after everyone who wanted the update, and some who didn't, already had it. Now they are allowing updates to be posted directly on MHO (is MHO funded by Humax, BTW?). I think it is the fact that the HDR-1800T could not carry out timer recordings from standby that forced their hand: they needed to get the update out quickly. A PVR that can't do timer recordings is in chocolate teapot territory, and leaving it like that was potentially both revenue and reputation damaging.

A PVR that can't do timer recordings is in chocolate teapot territory, and leaving it like that was potentially both revenue and reputation damaging.
Agreed but expecting the masses to search the Internet and find the relevant forum and software and install it, is a big ask. I think a lot of people will simply return the boxes unless there is an OTA. update

You really do have to laugh don't you...? WTF is this point of restricting something that potentially loads of people are going to want to download. And what is the point of it not being on an official Humax site?

Agreed but expecting the masses to search the Internet and find the relevant forum and software and install it, is a big ask. I think a lot of people will simply return the boxes unless there is an OTA. update
I think they will OTA them too, but I guess it could take a few weeks before this happens. Posting the updates on the forum is a stopgap that halts the complaints that were starting to pile up.

The downloads require you to be logged in on the MHO site. They are comprised of zip files containing a text file (change log and installation instructions) plus the hdf file. The hdf files are 28MB: about 6MB larger than the last HDR-FOX update.

By which I was hinting at the possibility of custom firmware for it.

However, come to think of it, in order to build our own HDF files for the HD/HDR-FOX, some very technical jiggery-pokery was required to recreate the secure signature that validates the file - analysis of the HDF "payload" only required its availability, actually creating one was another matter. So, even now we have a sample HDF, presuming Humax have not used identical signature encryption as the HDR-FOX, there remains a substantial technical hurdle before code can be injected into the 1800/2000T.

The update instructions don't appear to have been proof read by someone familiar with the product, as there is a reference to "When the update is complete End will appear on the front display".

Maybe the download is restricted to signed-in members?
It is.
I still haven't made a decision on whether to buy one of these machines (the 4:3 issue could be the deal breaker). BUT, I tried to download the update in the expectation that I might get one soon. I couldn't. I registered and logged in and then could.

It is.
I still haven't made a decision on whether to buy one of these machines (the 4:3 issue could be the deal breaker). BUT, I tried to download the update in the expectation that I might get one soon.
The new software does not fix the 4:3 TV issue.

The downloads require you to be logged in on the MHO site. They are comprised of zip files containing a text file (change log and installation instructions) plus the hdf file. The hdf files are 28MB: about 6MB larger than the last HDR-FOX update.
Yes, I had not noticed that I had been 'logged out' from the MHO site (the 'Stay Logged In' had failed for some reason). I now have the zip files but it's going to take the likes of af123 or Raydon to see what it is possible to do with them, if anything

My grumble about a low reading on the signal strength meter seems to have been addressed,or perhaps it just coincidence but signal strength now showing 75% ad opposed to 39%.Now matches my other Humax boxes.

Back