New Software Update

GSD

As many other will have done I received an email from Humax this morning saying that a new OTA software update had been released yesterday to eliminate delays in setting up new recordings using the EPG. I've just checked and the update 1.00.17 does seem to have been loaded overnight and is working well. However the release notes fom Humax say that the loader version should be U7.53 or U7.54, depending on production changes, whereas mine is still U7.52. Does this matter and,if so, how do I get the latest loader version? Many thanks, GSD.

The loader cannot be updated ota only by usb (A transmission glitch could brick the box
eek.gif
). If you don't use the hdr with a diseqc switch or motorised dish you won't gain anything by updating the loader.

user_online.png

My box also updated yesterday and the fix appears to work OK, still blanks the screen when pressing Guide and show's Downloading Programme Information but the download is interrupted when pressing OK, re-starts again after. I had just trained the wife to press Schedule and Red now I can tell her to forget all that;)
Still on loader v7.52 but nothing to be gained from changing that.

Anyone from Humax reading this forum? If you are, thank-you...

IMHO for the benefit gained it was a waste of the effort to test and release such a micky-mouse fix.

Would have been better if they had used the 'other' tuner, if not in use, so thet ghost picture and sound are not lost during the update.

Does anyone know what the upgrade is supposed to have done?

As far as the GUIDE function is concerned, I can honestly say that it's made absolutely no difference at all; Schedule and Red Button is still the only way to get sensible access to the EPG.

Does anyone know what the upgrade is supposed to have done?

As far as the GUIDE function is concerned, I can honestly say that it's made absolutely no difference at all; Schedule and Red Button is still the only way to get sensible access to the EPG.

It's supposed to let you set a recording using OK by pausing the download and resuming it after you have set the recording.

I don't get this. People moaned a lot when humax made it download all the 40 odd seconds worth of EPG before you could set a recording, implying that Humax should put it back as it was. Now they have put it back as it was, more moans, and 'it wasn't worth it' remarks.
Ye gods and little fishes:disagree:

I don't get this. People moaned a lot when humax made it download all the 40 odd seconds worth of EPG before you could set a recording, implying that Humax should put it back as it was. Now they have put it back as it was, more moans, and 'it wasn't worth it' remarks.
Ye gods and little fishes:disagree:
I actually returned 2 Humax boxes because the EPG was so painstaking SLOW (taking much longer than 40 secs) - Humax technical support stated that as the GUIDE was taking so long to update that if, after a factory re-set, it was still SLOW, then the box was faulty.

The only reason I ended up with a 3rd was because I'd read here in this forum about the SCHEDULE - RED BUTTON workaround & because the Sagem alternative that I bought was worse!

I also have a Topfield Freeserve PVR that updates the EPG 'on the fly' & it's there INSTANTLY when you press the GUIDE button - no waiting & with additional useful features like being able to un-delete a deleted file.

If you can press SCHEDULE - RED BUTTON & record immediately, then why can't it be the same by using just the GUIDE button. I never use the GUIDE button at all & the EPG is always up to date!

Ah! But I was not one of people complaining about the 40 second delay. And I am not complaining about how it is now. I am not even complaining that they spent time fixing it. I am complaining that it was a waste of effort testing and releasing such a trivial fix all on its own rather than rolling it up to include in the next round of worthwhile fixes.

As many other will have done I received an email from Humax this morning saying that a new OTA software update had been released yesterday to eliminate delays in setting up new recordings using the EPG. I've just checked and the update 1.00.17 does seem to have been loaded overnight and is working well. However the release notes fom Humax say that the loader version should be U7.53 or U7.54, depending on production changes, whereas mine is still U7.52. Does this matter and,if so, how do I get the latest loader version? Many thanks, GSD.

Can someone advise how you sign up to this service from Humax.

Thanks.

Back