NFS oddity

Colonel Panic

I have a couple of HDR T2s mounting an NFS drive on my PC.
After a bit of messing about, I am able to copy files from the Foxes to the NFS drive, which was part of the intention.
The odd thing is that I can see the files on the NFS drive from the TV interface, but when using the web interface or the command line on the Foxes, I cannot list the contents of the drive.

Any thoughts ?

CF 3.0 on one of the Foxes, 3.10 on the other.

You've not described your configuration clearly. It sounds like you have a drive or partition hosted by the PC which is made available for network sharing, and you are mounting that from each HDR-FOX.

What OS is your PC running? Linux I assume, but if it's Windows, what does NFS have to do with it? What mechanism are you using to mount it on the HDR-FOXes - network-shares-automount?

As a side issue, why are all your CFs so out of date, and why is one so much more out of date than the others?

OS is Ubuntu 16.04.

network-shares-automount is installed.

I also have a NAS which uses NFS and I can list files on that through the humax web interface.

Ah! I've just had a thought.....

UPDATE: No. Still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
SOLVED

The server is running NFS version 4, and the humax nfs package description claims nfs 2 or 3. Adding "-o nfsvers=2" to the mount command in /mod/sbin/scanmounts solves the problem (nfsvers=3 didn't).

Still a bit mind-boggled as to how the TV interface allowed the remote folders to be listed.

I agree. We knew of incompatibilities between SMB versions, but I don't think NFS incompatibilities have come up before.

It can probably be fixed by configuration on the server. I'll look into it.

UPDATE:
Tried mounting the server drive on another linux system using the nfsvers option and 2 and 3 both work correctly.

Last edited:
Back