No bbc red button text DTR-t2100

Beavor-Bob

On BBC1 or other BBC tv channels - but the TEXT does work via a BBC radio channel????
Is it a fault, or a quirk of BT youview...

Bearing in mind I have HDR-FOXes...

I use the red button to get to the BBC Red Button service (not the TEXT button - I don't know if that works), but I notice this isn't working. That could be because the data channel has moved from LCN 200 to 250, and I haven't retuned so maybe the red button system can't find its data stream.

Have you retuned (things moved around on 2nd August)?

Thanks for your reply Yes, fresh retune & soft update yesterday. The odd thing, if you tune to a BBC radio channel - the Text works OK, using either the text button or the red button???
Has someone messed up?
The Box seems fine otherwise, picked it up at a car boot yesterday for £4 !! inc remote. Though some sticky finger marks needed cleaning off :)

Last edited:
Youview disabled access on one of the updates last year before new gen was rolled out. It is still there but needs a quirk to have full access, or, as you have discovered for yourself, being tuned to a BBC radio channel and navigating to it via the radio's red button pages.

Youview disabled access on one of the updates last year before new gen was rolled out. It is still there but needs a quirk to have full access, or, as you have discovered for yourself, being tuned to a BBC radio channel and navigating to it via the radio's red button pages.
Rather odd behaviour from youview - perhaps it relieves some of the overtaxed memory space? But thanks.

Just to update: I don't know why my HD-FOX wasn't working, but when I tried an (unretuned) HDR-FOX all was well - the red button or the TEXT button got me the red button service.

Back