No HD channels found

k64

Today I bought a HDR-FOX T2 to replace my PVR9300T, but quickly found a problem:

No HD channels were tuned in by the set-up wizard. The HDTV Group is empty. At the same time the TV's internal tuner, still connected via Antenna Out, receives an excellent strong HD signal.
(Crystal Palace transmitter is about 5km away and we had good roof-top aerial installed when the PVR was purchased in 2009).

How can I get the HDR to tune the HD channels?

I had exactly the same thing when I first tried to [manual] tune my Humax. I hadn't realised that the HD channels required the transmission type to be changed from DVB-T to DVB-T2. Would have thought the set-up wizard should pick this up but who knows?

That seems very strange. Follow the instructions for manual tuning HERE (click), and note that you need to select "DVB-T2" for the HiDef multiplex.
Thanks, Black Hole, just finished that with disappointing results. C22, C23, C25, C26 and C28 (DVB-T) all found channels but C30 (DVB-T2) gave error message No Channels Found. The options for Bandwidth on C30 remained at 8k and 7k, is this correct?
...and the TV's tuner still gives excellent HD reception!

Got it working!

Here's a strange thing...
When I had the aerial daisy-chained as: Aerial -> HDR-FOX T2 -> Samsung TV or as: Aerial -> HDR-FOX T2 -> PVR9300T -> Samsung TV I was having trouble.
Now I've changed it to: Aerial -> Panasonic DVD -> PVR9300T -> HDR-FOX T2 -> Samsung TV and the HDR gets all the HD channels!

Here's a strange thing...
When I had the aerial daisy-chained as: Aerial -> HDR-FOX T2 -> Samsung TV or as: Aerial -> HDR-FOX T2 -> PVR9300T -> Samsung TV I was having trouble.
Now I've changed it to: Aerial -> Panasonic DVD -> PVR9300T -> HDR-FOX T2 -> Samsung TV and the HDR gets all the HD channels!
What is the reported signal strength and quality on the HD channels?

HDR reports Strength 80%, Quality 100% (via the DVD->PVR->HDR->TV chain)

It would be interesting to see the Strength / Quality figures for the 'Aerial -> HDR-FOX T2 -> PVR9300T -> Samsung' set-up as a comparison

It was reported that the HiDef mux wouldn't tune in that configuration, therefore no signal strength available.

I was thinking of comparing the non Hi-Def channels to check the theory that the signal was too big in this other configuration

Connected as Aerial -> HDR-FOX T2 -> TV the figures are:
C22 thru C28: Strength 75-80% Quality 40-100% (mostly around 50-60%)
C30: Strength & Quality 0%

How do the same figures compare with the HDR at the end of the chain?

I thought the results in #8 showed that, It looks like the signal is too low if the HDR is at the start of the chain and the signal is being boosted when the HDR is at the end of the chain

Yep, looks to me like its being boosted by the other equipment. The HDR does need a good signal to tune in to.
Your aerial might have become slightly mis-aligned since it was installed.. or could be being blocked by something.

Good strength & quality combined. I'm sure its been mentioned before that the HDR needs a good signal as opposed to other equipment.

It seemd to me that when the DVD player is before the PVR or HDR the signal is good, even when the DVD is unplugged from the mains!
Perhaps I should get an aerial man to check the installation?

Back