No more package updates for Custom Firmware 2.xx (after March 2015)

Thank you for the advice folks. I'll get my HDR/HD updated, though may leave it until after the festive period to avoid any potential ear-ache in our household.

One major benefit of CFW 3.00 is it includes a kernel so there are no issues around needing to isnstall a close enough Humax firmware release first.

Probably a good time to donate some money via the remote schedule website which goes through to af123 for keeping everything running :).

I upgraded my parents' HDR Fox T2 to CFW 3.00 a few days ago and it was completely painless. That said, they don't have a particularly complex set of packages installed. RS is probably the most complex they have.

Glad to hear it. The only issue that people might experience is if they had previously installed the rt3070 package. It needs removing prior to upgrading to 3.00. I don't think many people will have installed it though.

I thought there were problems with some of the custom portals and with sky player?

I've now upgraded my aunt's HDR Fox T2 to 3.00 with no problems. She doesn't have internet access so it doesn't get updated often. I use an Edimax wifi dongle with high gain antenna, connected to a hotspot from my 3G iPad to update all the packages. She only has stuff like fan, disable-dso, disable-ota and auto-unprot installed, there's not a lot of point to most other packages without internet access.

No, the EPG slowdown is caused by upgrading from a 1.02.xx to 1.03.xx Humax firmware.

No, the EPG slowdown is caused by upgrading from a 1.02.xx to 1.03.xx Humax firmware.
Thanks Brian

I'm currently running
Web interface version: 1.0.16-4
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.11 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)

What's the best way to upgrade as my EPG now is very slow.

Thanks

That's Humax's fault - the "upgrade" causes it. See Things Every... (click) section 1.
"No, the EPG slowdown is caused by upgrading from a 1.02.xx to 1.03.xx Humax firmware."

Just I'm clear on this.. I'm currently running 1.03.11 with a slow epg.
is there anyway to get to the latest release of custom firmware and web interface with out having the slow epg ?

Thanks

Yes, custom firmware 3.00 is released on HDR Fox T2 for several versions of Humax firmware. Just go and look at the list of CFW downloads:

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

You probably want 1.02.32. Be aware though that this gives you a non working iPlayer and problems recording BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD. It is no longer possible to have a fast EPG and working iPlayer, the BBC have discontinued the iPlayer that 1.02.xx HDR Fox T2 firmware used.

Also if your HDR Fox T2 has vertical tuner connections ("RE" model) you can only use 1.03.06 or later Humax firmware.

Last edited:
Also if your HDR Fox T2 has vertical tuner connections ("RE" model) you can only use 1.03.06 or later Humax firmware.

Forgive me going a bit OT, please, but what does "RE" denote?

Do we have a list of differences between the two iterations of the model? I have both types here, so would like to know - I've not personally noticed anything; thanks...

The RE type has a revised tuner module (probably because the old "can" type of tuner assembly ceased to be available). The new tuner needs revised firmware to accommodate it, and was released on 1.03.06 firmware. See 1.03.06 entry in Things Every... (click) section 1.

You probably want 1.02.32. Be aware though that this gives you a non working iPlayer and problems recording BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD. It is no longer possible to have a fast EPG and working iPlayer, the BBC have discontinued the iPlayer that 1.02.xx HDR Fox T2 firmware used.

Thanks. Is there an option for iPlayer with the custom firmware ?

I'd like the faster EPG, but don't want to lose iPlayer.
Thanks

I think it would help if an on-screen Web-If message could be displayed for pre-CFW Ver.3 users, as it would help with the inevitable flood of potential users posting "What Has Happened To My Package Updates ! ! !" around April time
I'll add something once we get to March..

I've put a page on the Wiki about this which hopefully shows the pros and cons of the different underlying versions - let me know if I've missed anything!

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/CFW2.xx_End_of_Life

Back