No RECORD option

• Thread starter Patricia Collard
  • Start date
P

Patricia Collard

Hi There

Have just taken possession of my Humax 9200T from my sister who merely used it as a set top box. I have set it up but there is no "RECORD" option on the menu. Any idea why this is please?

Good Morning Patricia

It sounds like the Hummy is not detecting the Hard Disk. Do you hear it spin up when you bring the Hummy out of standby? You could try a Default Setting from the Installation item in the Menu but I suspect you may have to open the box. A possible fault is that the HDD connectors have worked loose and just need re-seating. [** Make sure power is completely removed before opening the box.] Tell us the results if you pursue that avenue.

Do you know why your sister only used the Hummy as a set-top box?

Hi there
Well I opened the box and there was a 4 pin connector loose so I reconnected it to the hard drive. Now when I switch it on it says "HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR". So does this mean that I need to buy a new drive. If so, where is the best place to buy one or is it just a lottery on the internet. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there
Well I opened the box and there was a 4 pin connector loose so I reconnected it to the hard drive. Now when I switch it on it says "HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR". So does this mean that I need to buy a new drive. If so, where is the best place to buy one or is it just a lottery on the internet.
The type of drive you want is a Seagate DB35 series ACE (not SCE) drive. They are getting hard to find via the retail channel (as I found to my cost when trying to fix a 9200 for somebody recently). In the end I purchased one from Ebay; this for instance looks right http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seagate-160GB...K_Computing_HardDrives_RL&hash=item3f070b2695

Hi there
Well I opened the box and there was a 4 pin connector loose so I reconnected it to the hard drive. Now when I switch it on it says "HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR". So does this mean that I need to buy a new drive. If so, where is the best place to buy one or is it just a lottery on the internet. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Patricia,

I have owned this model before I purchased my nice new HDR FOX T2, I had the same error come up on my 9200T and I solved it by checking that both the four pin power connector and the IDE 40 pin cable were connected properly, then I reformatted the HDD and all was OK, try this first before spashing out on a new drive because sometimes the 9200T HDD just needs reformatting to get it going again.

Last edited:
Back