No recordings being made

R7814N

I have noticed that none of my scheduled recordings are appearing as available to view nor are they listed as being made.

Upon access via browser:
Warning HD problems /mnt/hd2 =RO

Access via telnet:
Connection refused

Space reported on HD:
Total 906GiB Used 29Gib

What should i do next?

What customised firmware version are you on?
You need to reboot, double check the IP address and try telnet again.
If that fails, then something weird is going on.

Rebooting made the difference and I can now go into the site without the error blocking access using the browser.
Using putty, for telnet, access is refused because of the. read-only status of the HD..

I accessed the diagnostics with the intention of running the file checker. A warning appears:

!! WARNING !!

There are filesystem problems with the hard disk onthis system.

Filesystem /mnt/hd2 on /dev/sda2 is read-only

I am running 3.13

what should I do next?

Last edited:
Using putty, for telnet, access is refused because of the. read-only status of the HD..
Telnet doesn't depends on the hard disk. Are you sure you're using Telnet and not SSH with Putty?
what should I do next?
You need to get into maintenance mode, then when it's rebooted, telnet in and run fixdisk.

Thank you for your comments.

This is the current situation:

The TV taking its tv signal direct from the aerial, without the Fox attached, registers about 70 channels.

The TV with the aerial going first to the Fox and then on to the TV can not see any channels.

The TV using the Fox as a tuner can not see any channels.

I hope that is clearer for you.

I have just browsed to the Fox and found the following messages:

26/03/2024 17:30:57 - DetectAds: Contents sharing disabled, Enable via Humax Settings menu (11 instances)
Your Humax crashed and some packages may have been disabled as a precaution.
... view the crash.log for more details.
29/03/2024 04:23:07 - Automatically upgraded package webif from 1.5.2-10 to 1.5.2-11
https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/10760/
29/03/2024 04:23:08 - Automatically upgraded package jim from 0.82-4 to 0.82-5

Tunefix was not installed. I have now installed both Tunefix and Tunefix-update.
The crash log only contains this note: Humax crashed at Thu Mar 28 22:09:21 UTC 2024 - Uptime: 923

I hope the above helps in finding the cause of the missing channels.

In the meantime, I have restarted the Fox. An error message shows there are no channels. On running the search, no channels are found.

Robin

Last edited:
Back