No series record on BBC1SEHD

trog

I have just been re setting up my recording schedule after the recent retune for the new BBC1 SE HD and there seems to be no series record options just single episodes, BBC1SE SD was fine. I realised that the reason was the previous now invalid BBC1 HD scheduled recordings had to be deleted first and all is fine now.

Yes, same here.

The original schedule I had set just said ‘invalid’ which made sense as BBC1 HD does not exist anymore.

I have an old historic BBC1 HD recording that I do not want to delete and that also shows ‘invalid’, again makes sense.

Yes, same here.

The original schedule I had set just said ‘invalid’ which made sense as BBC1 HD does not exist anymore.

I have an old historic BBC1 HD recording that I do not want to delete and that also shows ‘invalid’, again makes sense.
That is odd, after reading your post I just checked my recordings, I only have one from the the old BBC1 HD, it is a 10 part series and none show as invalid and play ok.

On a side note. Did your retune mess up your favorite list? My schedule was kept and my favorite list but it's chosen order was scrambled up and not even put in number order, Blaze first followed by BBC1SD etc.

Last edited:
INVALID! I didn't realise we were discussing Aura.

I have an old historic BBC1 HD recording that I do not want to delete and that also shows ‘invalid’
Surely you mean "reservation" rather than "recording"?

Last edited:
INVALID! I didn't realise we were discussing Aura.

"The original schedule I had set just said ‘invalid’" Makes me assume he meant recording.
I think we might have a disagreement on terminology. A recording is the actual file set on disk. A reservation is an item in the schedule, which can be for a one-off recording, a series recording, or a reminder. A recording can't go invalid, so we must be taking about a reservation in the schedule. One-off recording reservations disappear when the recording has been made. Series reservations remain in the list, and if there are no matching events within the span of the EPG they are shown as dormant, then removed after three months if there are no further hits in that time. Such a reservation might be shown as invalid if the service ID no longer matches any existing service IDs.

Did your retune mess up your favorite list? My schedule was kept
Only if you restored it (or had auto-restore set up). The same restore would have restored the favourites, which would have otherwise been wiped by the retune. If favourites are not being restored properly, that might be something which can be looked into (or possibly it couldn't cope with the changes in service IDs etc).

Last edited:
I think we might have a disagreement on terminology. A recording is the actual file set on disk. A reservation is an item in the schedule, which can be for a one-off recording, a series recording, or a reminder. A recording can't go invalid, so we must be taking about a reservation in the schedule. One-off recording reservations disappear when the recording has been made. Series reservations remain in the list, and if there are no matching events within the span of the EPG they are shown as dormant, then removed after three months if there are no further hits in that time. Such a reservation might be shown as invalid if the service ID no longer matches any existing service IDs.

Only if you restored it (or had auto-restore set up). The same restore would have restored the favourites, which would have otherwise been wiped by the retune. If favourites are not being restored properly, that might be something which can be looked into (or possibly it couldn't cope with the changes in service IDs etc).
The fact he made a separate comment about the "recording" suggests otherwise. The fact it says invalid is why I said it was odd.
My favorite list was restored automatically but in a very random order that made no sense, not by number nor letter and certainly not in its previous order.

Last edited:
Could it be possible that a repeat of that recording was coming up and would have recorded again if BBCHD had not been changed?

Surely you mean "reservation" rather than "recording"?

No I mean recording, but I am getting confused with my 4000/5000 which is just showing ---- as per the attached photo of an old recording which still plays fine.

Instead of the program having the BBC1 HD logo next to it, it now just states '----' as that channel no longer exists.

I did a full reset of both the Aura and 4000/5000 as I prefer to do that when there are changes like this. I did try the Smart tune on the 4000, but it didn't work so I did a default tune, but took a photo of my schedule first.

Apologies for the confusion :whistling:
IMG_6504.jpeg

Last edited:
No I mean recording, but I am getting confused with my 4000/5000 which is just showing ---- as per the attached photo of an old recording which still plays fine.

Instead of the program having the BBC1 HD logo next to it, it now just states '----' as that channel no longer exists.

I did a full reset of both the Aura and 4000/5000 as I prefer to do that when there are changes like this. I did try the Smart tune on the 4000, but it didn't work so I did a default tune, but took a photo of my schedule first.
View attachment 6587
It all makes sense now, but you have deprived me of asking BH what possible reason you would have for not wanting to delete a now useless reservation :)

I did try the Smart tune on the 4000, but it didn't work so I did a default tune, but took a photo of my schedule first.
My limited experience is that the automatic tune on the Aura does a good job and preserves the schedule of future recordings.

My limited experience is that the automatic tune on the Aura does a good job and preserves the schedule of future recordings.
I have only re tuned my Aura twice and yes both times it has saved my favorite and schedule but I do not remember it randomly shuffling my favorite list the first time. In your limited experience was yours restored in any order even if that was alphabetically or numerically rather than by past preference ?

I have only re tuned my Aura twice and yes both times it has saved my favorite and schedule but I do not remember it randomly shuffling my favorite list the first time. In your limited experience was yours restored in any order even if that was alphabetically or numerically rather than by past preference ?
Sorry I don't use favourites.

I just 'inspected' our Aura (Saturday) and found similar to some of the above posters.
It all looked OK at a glance but I noticed in the guide that the local part of the evening news on 101 was still showing "This is ... HD" (or whatever it was). A couple of BBC One HD reservations in the next few days looked OK but the HIGNFY that should have been next Friday was showing 0, though that might just have been the guide not having built out that far at the time.

So I bit the bullet, photographed the schedule, and did an auto channel search.
After that all the BBC One HD reservations showed invalid, so I deleted and remade them. HIGNFY was (by then) available.

The favourites was mostly intact. BBC One HD seemed to have been replaced by the SD channel (101 -> 1 and the channel playing live had also gone from 101 to 1) and for some reason the That's 60s channel had been added - I assume replacing one of the existing favourites. (I didn't photo the favourites, so can't confirm.) So just some minor editing required and all seems well.

Back