No 'Source' button on remote!

jhdfg504

I've just taken delivery of a new 2000T to replace my HD-FOX T2. In order to get my TV to an HDMI source I have to select it on the TV remote every time I switch the TV on. Thankfully the FOX T2 has a button on the remote called 'Source'. I'm shocked to see that the remote on the 2000T doesn't.
I am now going to have to dig out the old TV remote and use this every time the TV is switched on. I'm very disappointed, not a good start to my new toy.
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but am I right in thinking that there is nothing I can do to 'learn' on the remote.
Thanks.

Does your TV not stay on the last used source when you turn it off/on? Have you checked your TV settings as that fault is with your TV, not the box.

AFAIK, no, you cannot learn this function and map it to a button.

That's not a very good TV. If it has more than one HDMI input, try another one. Try disconnecting the aerial feed also.

Alternatively invest in a good universal remote.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Its appreciated.

I did laugh though that people were so quick to defend Humax and slag off my TV! Like a lot of people I have more than one HDMI source. In my case I have 3; PVR, XBOX & PC. I need a source button to switch between the 3. On the FOX remote there is a button on the bottom left that does this, its actually labelled 'SOURCE'. Omitting it from the 2000T remote seems weird to me, and a backward step for sure. Its a shame because everything else about my new PVR seems spot on.

I've actually discovered that the 2 remotes are interchangeable. Identical in functionality (I think) with the exception of the forgotten source button. I'm intending to sell the FOX, but oddly now I might be selling it with new remote whilst I hang on to the old one.

Incidentally, my TV does stay on the same source as last used (unless you pull the power), I should have explained myself better with regards my need for the SOURCE button. Thanks again for replying.

Like a lot of people I have more than one HDMI source. In my case I have 3; PVR, XBOX & PC. I need a source button to switch between the 3.
Sounds like you would get great benefit from using a universal remote control which would take care of the source switching for you. I use a Harmony 555.

I did laugh though that people were so quick to defend Humax and slag off my TV!
Well, you did say "In order to get my TV to an HDMI source I have to select it on the TV remote every time I switch the TV on."

I must confess I am mystified. The HD-FOX (no longer available from Humax) is in great demand because of its ability to stream content from an HDR-FOX. Your best bet would be to get rid of the 2000T and acquire a refurb HDR-FOX, then have the HD-FOX in (say) a bedroom where you can use it to watch your recordings.

And I also said; "I should have explained myself better with regards my need for the SOURCE button."

I'm sorry if I have upset people, it certainly wasn't my intention. I must admit that I'm a bit mystified at your suggestion that I should get another piece of kit so I can stream stuff round my house??? What I've bought is fine for what I need, except that I will have to use another remote. Not the end of the world. But a strange oversight by Humax all the same. I was very happy with the fox except for it only having a single tuner, which was a problem when I was recording to an external USB drive. It's a great bit of kit.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to try to help. Cheers.

Who's upset? I'm not upset - just amused we should have been able to read what you meant instead of what you said.

We think the HDR-FOX (even as a refurb) is a better bit of kit than the 2000T. Somebody here will be happy to snap up your HD-FOX, but would certainly notice if you sent them the wrong remote control handset.

I've actually discovered that the 2 remotes are interchangeable. Identical in functionality (I think) with the exception of the forgotten source button. I'm intending to sell the FOX, but oddly now I might be selling it with new remote whilst I hang on to the old one.
An interesting experiment would be to see if you can set bookmarks on the HDR-2000T with the FOX-HD remote. The HDR-2000T has not got a bookmark button.

The HDR-FOX T2 remote can not be used to set bookmarks on an HDR-2000T.

However if you import a bookmarked recording from an HDR-FOX T2 the bookmarks can be viewed on the HDR-2000T. These imported bookmarks can not be used or deleted.

The extra device buttons (DVD & Audio) and the WIDE button are the only functionality that the HDR-FOX T2's remote has over the HDR-2000T's.

An interesting experiment would be to see if you can set bookmarks on the HDR-2000T with the FOX-HD remote. The HDR-2000T has not got a bookmark button.

I've just tried it, it doesn't work. I must admit though, I did know about this function on the FOX, but I very rarely used it.

I bought the FOX originally because my TV is about 6 years old and doesn't have a HD freeview tuner. When the firmware came along that allowed me to record to an external USB drive, I bought one so I could do the occasional recording. It obviously only has a single tuner, so its been a minor nuisance that when I'm recording say BBC4, I can't watch HD channels. After meaning to get around to replacing the FOX for ages, I've finally bought the 2000T. I wanted a twin tuner and since the FOX was so impressive, I wanted another Humax. For my needs its perfect. Now I can watch the world cup in HD knowing that the other half's programs are getting recorded. I would have preferred a new TV, but that would have cost a lot more than the T2000 and therefore a much harder sell!

Cheers.

The HDR-FOX T2 remote can not be used to set bookmarks on an HDR-2000T.

However if you import a bookmarked recording from an HDR-FOX T2 the bookmarks can be viewed on the HDR-2000T. These imported bookmarks can not be used or deleted.

The extra device buttons (DVD & Audio) and the WIDE button are the only functionality that the HDR-FOX T2's remote has over the HDR-2000T's.

Thank you.

I've just tried it, it doesn't work. I must admit though, I did know about this function on the FOX, but I very rarely used it.
Thanks. It is an experiment I have been meaning to do myself but our HDR-2000T and HDR-FOX T2 are a hundred miles apart which makes it a bit awkward. I don't use bookmarks either but it is important to some people and is used by the custom firmware for some purposes.

Back