Not clearing finished scheduled events

OldGoat

(I tried a search....)
For a while now I've not been able to clear completed scheduled events from the planner. Indeed Every time I try, the entry gets duplicated.....

Help.....
(please)

Thanks for replying.
Using the boxes at the bottom of the scheduled events display -
I selected Select Finished, then
Delete Selected
The system then prompts for restart
Restart machine
Items go into pending box and remain below scheduled events in a blue box and texts struck out.
A voluntary reboot leaves the list as in the line above.

I tried the individual delete in the 'more' box with the same result

Tried the above with some variants with the same results. Even tried powering off the machine for 5 minutes with the same results...
See attached pdf..

Attachments

• Fox T2 problem.pdf
    379.7 KB · Views: 17
For one thing: there's absolutely no need to tidy up in this way - I take it you just want to.

Are you leaving an empty schedule in the process? If so, the auto-restore may be kicking in (an empty schedule is how it detects there was probably an unattended retune, which unwantedly clears the schedule).

See attached pdf..
That looks good, and page 2 reveals that you have 10 remaining schedule events which you are not attempting to delete yet.
It also shows that there is a recording just started. In the 18 minutes before that recording started it is not possible to full into full stand-by. Have another go when you are sure that there is not a recording taking place.

Do they delete if you use the conventional Humax menus to delete?

What about the fact that the latest software adds/deletes stuff from the schedule directly without need for a reboot?
Still doesn't explain why yours does not do it as expected though.

Items go into pending box and remain below scheduled events in a blue box and texts struck out.
A voluntary reboot leaves the list as in the line above.
Does rsvsync.log give any clues (WebIf Diagnostics page) ?

Ah. Forgot that.:oops: Wouldn't be without it.:) Enables me to schedule stuff whilst HWMBO is watching something else. Great.

For one thing: there's absolutely no need to tidy up in this way - I take it you just want to.

Are you leaving an empty schedule in the process? If so, the auto-restore may be kicking in (an empty schedule is how it detects there was probably an unattended retune, which unwantedly clears the schedule).
I'm (pretty well) sure that last time I did a cleanup, that all the ended schedules disappeared.

I just tried it: click "select finished" (which ticks all the boxes for schedule entries with no future events) then "delete selected" and they all disappeared no problem (I'm using real time scheduling, which means a reboot is not required - but that's still a trial option).

Thanks - No, I'm leaving a number of live schedules behind.

I just tried it: click "select finished" (which ticks all the boxes for schedule entries with no future events) then "delete selected" and they all disappeared no problem (I'm using real time scheduling, which means a reboot is not required - but that's still a trial option).
Aha I did that - but they all came back DOUBLED...
(wharra mess).
I'll have a go this evening...

You did what? Tried the real time scheduling?
Have you power cycled the box 'just in case'?

You did what? Tried the real time scheduling?
Have you power cycled the box 'just in case'?

Please Sir what's this real time scheduling? That's what I mostly do - set up series record from the program guide (or is that not what you mean)
Ok yes, switched it off, waited 5 mins and powered up - no difference
Also rebooted when told to....

Prpr - Does rsvsync.log give any clues (WebIf Diagnostics page) ? I don't have that file on the WebIf page - I'm using the latest version (but thtis was happening before...

Does rsvsync.log give any clues (WebIf Diagnostics page) ? I don't have that file on the WebIf page - I'm using the latest version (but thtis was happening before...
That's probably why it's not working then. I would force reinstall the "rsvsync" package (also on the Diagnostics page) and then reboot.
waited 5 mins
What's all this about then? What exactly are you waiting for? Christmas will be along soon. You could wait for that instead. It'll be about as much use.

Gentlemen, many thanks for your continued interest and help.
Many of you won't believe this, but I'd never consciously installed Rsvsync - and there was no log file for it. So, based on the advice I installed it.
Problem disappeared.
On looking at the list of installed programs I notice lots of items which I've never installed (honest, your Honour), so heavens knows what happened.
Last week I did install a new copy of Web-if followed a day or two later by a new (?) version it. All very strange.....

Many packages get installed automatically as they are needed by the system, or are installed as with other packages as dependencies. In Webif>Package Management>Installed tab under each package there is an 'info' tag. Click on this and you will see what other packages require this package (rsvsync in this example) and the package's own dependencies. From one of my units:
Code:
>>> opkg whatdepends rsvsync
Root set:
  rsvsync
What depends on root set
    webif 1.3.2-7    depends on rsvsync (>= 1.1.9)
    flatview 1.0.4-1    depends on webif (>= 1.2.5-3)
    rs 1.4.7    depends on webif (>= 1.3.2-3)
    auto-update 2.0.2-1    depends on webif (>= 1.2.8)
    redring 2.17    depends on webif (>= 1.0.17-2)
    fan 1.0.0    depends on webif (>= 1.0.6)
    webshell 1.0.3    depends on webif (>= 1.2.7-2)
    disable-ota 1.0.3    depends on webif
    sweeper 2.1.2    depends on webif (>= 1.3.0-1)
    detectads 0.2.3-2    depends on webif (>= 1.2.4-7)
    newk 1.0.3    depends on webif (>= 1.0.9)
    auto-unprotect 2.0.2    depends on webif (>= 1.2.4)
    dlna-servername 1.0.3    depends on webif (>= 1.0.7-10)
    undelete 1.6-3    depends on webif (>= 0.8.13-1)
    nugget 0.96    depends on rsvsync (>= 1.1.9)
Webif (since version 1.1.9) requires rsvsync, so that is probably what caused it to be/ should have caused it to have been installed on your system. The exact list of dependencies will vary depending on what other packages you have.

Back