Novice question

Perhaps a better idea, instead of the colours thing which few seem to understand or know where to look. A sticky at the top of the Topic in large font saying something along the lines of 'If your box aerial is not connected to a DISH, you are in the wrong topic', similar to what they have done in 'the other place'

So its colour is not a very useful way of informing people who are using a Foxsat or the standard firmware.
You're right, colour was only suggested as an embellishment and only after the forum changed to Custom Firmware for HD and HDR T2 boxes. It was not intended that the FOXSAT community should adopt it, as they only have one PVR. The Custom Firmware can be applied to both T2s but there are differences.
Black on white serves the purpose.

4291 / Wallace

Yes -- if I connect the aerial direct to the TV ( a Sony KDL-26V4000) , with the Humax totally disconnected , then the TV works fine .

Yes , I have connected the aerial into the Humax , aerial IN , and then connect a RF lead from Humax aerial OUT to the TV . ( And then , also connect the Humax HDMI to the TV HDMI).

And the TV wont receive a signal unless the Humax is ON ( blue)

4291/Wallace:

Have waded through previous questions and noted a problem that turned out to be caused by the Sony TV not having its HDMI Set up,switched to ON ? Could this be associated with the problem ?

Have checked my Sony TV setting and mine was OFF. But have tried the various ON options for :
"Control for HDMI ON/OFF"
"Auto Devices ON/OFF"
"Auto TV ON/OFF"
but couldn't find a combination that altered things ?

Have you access to another Freeview TV that you can try the Humax on? You seem to have it connected correctly. So is it the TV or the Hummy?

I would think that the HDMI issue is clouding the waters here.

You should be able to watch the TV via IT'S OWN BUILT IN TUNER, even if the aerial is fed via the Humax. As long as the Humax is plugged into the mains, and the power switch at the back is on, I.E. you can see the display (clock) on the Humax, then that should work. One caveat is that the power saving mode on the Humax should be OFF, so the Humax tuner is always on.

Is it possible to test the Humax on another TV?

Forgetting the HDMI connection, do you have a SCART lead you can use instead?

Having said that, SCART/HDMI are independent to the RF anyway so even without either connected you should be able to watch TV via it's own tuner. Just thinking out loud here now, ignore my rambling!!

I don't know what else to suggest.

I noticed the same issue with the RF Pass-through not working if my HDR-Fox T2 was in standby. I haven't tried turning off the Power Saving option but I will do this and report back if it is working then.

Thanks for the hint!

It's probably like that to appease the green warriors to minimise power consumption on standby. Fit a windmill on your roof to make up for it:)

It's probably like that to appease the green warriors to minimise power consumption on standby. Fit a windmill on your roof to make up for it:)

It's a European rule that new electrical equipment draw less than 1Watt in standby, The Humax draws 1.5 Watts when UHF passthrough and clock is on in standby, It draws 0.5 Watts when UHF pass through is off and clock is off in standby e.g. power save mode = on

Wallace :
Yes , my TV works via its own tuner when connected directly to an aerial( don't have access to another)
It doesn't "work" when connected through the Humax -- when the Humax is on "standby" (Orange / dimmed clock showing , and Power Saving on OFF) .

Having used the Humax like this for several days now , its hardly a deal breaker -- and I still have the suggested option of splitting the aerial feed ( which I will probably try after the digital changeover in a couple of weeks time ).

So , my thanks to everyone --particularly Wallace and 4291 for sticking with me /my problem , but I think its time to let it pass ,for time being at least.

PS : This is a great site incidently -- wish all "help" sites were as helpful , and tried as hard as this one .

Turning off the powersave option does indeed allow the rf out to function properly while the unit is in standby!

Thanks for the help folks!!

Back